Coby Kyros Internet Tablets MID7005-4G | MID7015-4G (new)

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
MID7005_M.jpg

Back in late Oct 2010, Coby USA released on HSN 7" 800x480 16:9 KYROS MID7005-4G Internet Touch Screen Tablet based on the X5A with G-Sensor glossy glass layer, Telechip 800MHz (720MHz out of the box), 256MB RAM, 4GB IS, up to Full SDHC 32GB for ES, weighs 440 grams, 802.11b,g, battery is 3600 mAh, black leather exterior with cream color interior case that's screwed on. Full USB Host Port, Micro USB Port, HDMI Port for 1280x720p 60Hz and 1920x1080p 60Hz along with NTSC / PAL settings with out settings of HDMI default is none to view video on the tablet. Android OS 2.1 with Update-1.

MID7015_M.jpg

In Nov 2010 they have just released KYROS MID7015-4G same specs as above except it doesn't have the leather case attached onto the unit not based on X5A design, all black and seems to weigh only 200 grams and MicroSDHC up to 16GB for ES.

Source: CobyUSA

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
^no 3G sim card;but has HDMI and usb 2.0 port,

still prefer the HUAWEI S7!!

Well I have the MID7005-4G that doesn't cost anywhere need the S7. I don't use the tablet for 3G (sim features for phone) this would be more PROXY / VPN / WLAN / WWAN / RDP / VNC / VMWARE / FTP / Wireless Sniffer is what I would use it more for.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
KYROS MID7005-4G Game Demo 3D G-Sensor (Video)

Last edited by a moderator:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
KYROS MID7005-4G Second Look Review (Video)

Last edited by a moderator:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The main feature of this thing is the amazing support for videos.

Once you install mVideoPlayer, you can playback almost all the downloadable videos on the market.

Build quality is decent. The main complaint is the touchscreen response. I like this tablet a lot.

HDMI will output whatever is on your tablet screen. Which is neat, but only really supports 800x480 upscaled to whatever your HD TV supports. It's a shame considering that the device is probably capable of outputting the actual HD quality video, but you at least get DVD quality playback with this. Coby is misrepresenting its own product, likely because they know nothing about it.

Google hasn't exactly caught on with the presence of Google Market on this thing yet. But it's the same situation as the Gentouch.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
RS seems better on this one. I don't see the jumping around like I see on GT78, PDNHT, S7 on the browser or typing something. I'll show off the HDMI in the Third Look Review. I only got Google Maps on it. I use AppLib from Archos which is comes with. SideME, there are so much other replacements for Market.

Last edited:

troyy0206

Nov 14, 2010
I picked up a Coby 7015 today and though I haven't had time to do a whole lot with it, I have to say the screen is VERY responsive. In the last couple months I have had an Augen GenTouch 78 and a Huawei S7 and now the Coby. Will I keep it? Not sure yet...probably not since I can get a HeroTab for about $30 less online, but the GenTouch screen was HORRIBLE response and the S7 was decent, but had issues on hyperlinks unless you use a stylus. But I have to say, for a resistive screen, the Coby is pretty incredible. As far as the pressure required and how fast it scrolls, it's darn near as good as a capacitive screen on response.

I'm going to play around a bit more and see what I can do with it. Would love to have the Market, trying to figure out this AppsLib thing, which doesn't appear to be too bad. One of the best sub-$200 units I've seen. Doesn't feel like a toy like the Augen but feels quite a bit lighter than the S7. No kickstand, speakers not as nice and loud as the S7, no sim/3g support. Just can't get over how responsive the screen is...very light touch response.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Coby has some serious issue with memory leaking. You'll see when it locks up on you when you run some programs to long. This also effects both 7005 and 7015. Hopefully a Rooted ROM might fix those glitches.

Go here

scottv1942

Dec 3, 2010
There is a firmware update on the coby USA web site. No info on changes or how to install. New to tablets - would appreciate installation info.

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
There is a firmware update on the coby USA web site. No info on changes or how to install. New to tablets - would appreciate installation info.

Downloading now. No idea yet how to update, but if I figure it out I will post here.