HSN Launches Coby Kyros MID7015-4G Internet Tablet 7" Android OS 2.1, 800MHz w/ HDMI

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Both the Coby MID7005-4G (this has 2x USB ports) Coby MID7015-4G (has 1x USB port) both are marketed for 800MHz but they're really only 720MHz

BrandsMartUSA down in Miami, FL ( use to shop their like mad shopper) but anyway they have the Coby MID7015-4G for $148.88 plus shipping. They get you on shipping though, $7, $17, $54 (if you want it now)

ULTRAMAN1

Dec 2, 2010
Brandsmart USA 162.00 and will have it in one week for the Coby 7015, is this a better deal than the HK7 Herotab from Merimobiles., or is the X5A the better one, all around 170.00.

salzybaby

Oct 5, 2010
Just played with the coby at kmart this afternoon. Boot time was good. Fairly responsive screen. No market. All in all much nicer to toy with than the pandigital novel.

Also played with the galaxy tab next the ipad and huwaii (sp?) S7. The samsung and ipad were nice but $600. The s7 was terrible. UI was just bad. Response was slow. No accelerometer or non-functioning. For $300 it was bad.

I'm putting the coby on my xmas list.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Android Tablet Forum App

rc748

Feb 4, 2011
Bought one of these and I think they are pretty good for the money paid (it's not an iPad). I did have a hard time finding a case for it. However, found a small company that makes a pretty good sleeve for this unit and sells them for only $8.95 with free freight at Nuvo-Tek.com.
By the same token, if anyone knows of where I can buy a case (not a sleeve) that is a good fit for the this Kyros unit, please let me know.
Thanks
RC

regnaD kciN

Jan 22, 2011
As it comes with its own cover/case, I doubt there'd be too much of a market for an add-on one. (BTW, I noticed that, in the original photo, they had put the Coby on upside-down in the case! I guess they figured that the cover should open to the left of the unit rather than the right...but, if you put it in that way, the USB port will be blocked.)