Coby Kyros won't power on after powering off.

enidone

Apr 3, 2011
Just got my Kyros MID-7015 a couple of days ago. I have not rooted it.

I accepted the Coby AppsLib update when prompted and have installled a couple of apps from the Coby AppsLiib.

I don't believe that I drained my battery completely before the issue below occurred.

I was watching a Youtube video. I stopped the video, then powered off the device. I believe I pressed "yes" to confirm the power down.

About 10 minutes later I went to power it back on.

No dice. I get the volume and lock icons on the tablet and/or the three-option panel for the power off comes up. I have tried dragging the lock icon to the volume icon as suggested in the manual. Nothing will budge and the unit appears to power right back down again after that intermediate screen.

Is this unit bricked already? I'd rather know now while I'm in the 30 day zone so that I can return it.

Can I expect this problem on a regular basis? Again, would rather know now. It's a showstopper.

Fuzion

Dec 26, 2010
Have you tried reseting it in the back?
Use the stylus and press the reset button.

MaryVaden

Apr 2, 2012
I Need Help, My Coby Kyros Tablet Just Shut Off, Like I Can't See My Screen At All. I've Already Tried Resting It, And Nothings Happening! What Do I Do!

Razr

Jul 2, 2012
I Need Help, My Coby Kyros Tablet Just Shut Off, Like I Can't See My Screen At All. I've Already Tried Resting It, And Nothings Happening! What Do I Do!
I need help,too. My screen is blacked out and when i hold or press my coby's power button it stays black-screened! I need serious help.