Coby Tablet 7022 | 1125 | 1126 | 8127 Update ICS Android 4.0 - Is This True?

AFPT

Jun 11, 2012
Hello All,

There is a new update from Coby German. The update is downloaded over the air and it's more or less 11MB.

Build Number GreenDemon V1.0.0023

What's new:
wireless lan issues after standby , no more reconnect needed

standby bug, no more wakeups
install apps made for older android builds

Regards

it has been a while since i've come to this forum but when i read this i immediately wanted to try it!

i restored an old jelly bean backup i had on my 8127 that i've been using until now with gingerbread due to all the bugs that came with the first jelly bean release and after the restore it updated several times and went from build 1001 to 1011 then to 1022 and then to 1031!
the guys at Coby have been busy!

no idea what was changed but wifi is faster and more stable.
i hope the wakeup issue is definitely fixed!

flipside

Nov 23, 2010
it has been a while since i've come to this forum but when i read this i immediately wanted to try it!

i restored an old jelly bean backup i had on my 8127 that i've been using until now with gingerbread due to all the bugs that came with the first jelly bean release and after the restore it updated several times and went from build 1001 to 1011 then to 1022 and then to 1031!
the guys at Coby have been busy!

no idea what was changed but wifi is faster and more stable.
i hope the wakeup issue is definitely fixed!

any chance you have a nandroid backup of the final update ?

kgr

May 7, 2013
can i voice my support of getting a backup. i have a 7022 with the original version of Jelly Bean. i would love to get a little newer version with some of the bugs mentioned fixed, like wifi.
please post.
TIA

Crash4321

Mar 2, 2014
I know there have been some people out there that are having problems with their Wi-fi so I though I'd share my experience. I have a Coby MID1126 that I upgraded to ICS (Green Demon V1.0.0047) and for the life of me I could not get it to connect to my router. It would constantly tell me it was obtaining an IP address. I figured it was the ICS upgrade / device driver that was the problem until I tried connecting to my neighbor's wi-fi and it worked just fine. Long story short - once I set my router to use only 802.11g channels only instead of the b/g/n it's capable of - no more problems.
If anyone out there in la-la land can explain this to me, I'm kind of curious. Maybe it was being assigned a channel it couldn't deal with? Not sure but that's my 2-cents worth.