ICS on 7022

Jaxmoto

Jun 9, 2012
I gave up on ICS for now as well. I'm going to even update the long guide I made to suggest just staying on 2.3.3 and rooting along with the app store.

The problem I ran into is that ICS is simple not optimized enough for the 7022. The majority of apps dealing with any sort of video are either extremely buggy or do not work at all. 2.3.3, at this point, with just a few tweaks is running as well as the current $200 tablets on the market and even the screen responds well to increasing LCD density with very little distortion.

Coby may get ICS running better with updates but right now I don't see the need unless all you do is use it for web browsing... ICS is a much smoother system for browsing.

canx2k

Mar 1, 2012
I've been running the 4.0 for a week now, and it freezes often and crashes when watching youtube. I just wish i could find a backup of the 2.3 that works. sigh

Last edited:

viniciuscu

Jun 23, 2012
I gave up on ICS for now as well. I'm going to even update the long guide I made to suggest just staying on 2.3.3 and rooting along with the app store.

The problem I ran into is that ICS is simple not optimized enough for the 7022. The majority of apps dealing with any sort of video are either extremely buggy or do not work at all. 2.3.3, at this point, with just a few tweaks is running as well as the current $200 tablets on the market and even the screen responds well to increasing LCD density with very little distortion.

Coby may get ICS running better with updates but right now I don't see the need unless all you do is use it for web browsing... ICS is a much smoother system for browsing.

Search for SW2 on Youtube.

ryancut

Jul 7, 2012
I tried porting your cm9 rom several times but I could never get it to boot, I'm not sure why. I actually got rid of the serial pop up in the german ics though. I saw on another forum that the german tablet serial numbers follow this format. 101110010xxx. I just randomly placed numbers in the last three digits untill I found one that worked. No more input serial number pop ups.

ryancut

Jul 7, 2012
BTW got the latest German ICS update working(v1.1.0025) with root and Gapps installed. It seems to run smoother than the previous versions. If anyone wants me to upload the clockwork backup let me know.

Last edited:

pechenuh

Jun 12, 2012
BTW got the latest German ICS update working(v1.1.0025) with root and Gapps installed. It seems to run smoother than the previous versions. If anyone wants me to upload the clockwork backup let me know.

Can you make backup and share it? I have a clone of 7022, so i can't get update :(

theplague

Oct 31, 2011
YUP. Do it man. Does the HDMI and video related stuff work? usually it's the vid stuff that crashes the thing like a mother F'r.

Thank you very much Ryan, whenever you find a newer build please let us know, I'll keep looking as well.

klishak22

Jul 15, 2012
Ok, I have tried this a dozon and a half times, and all i get is the stupid bootloop. Any one else have the issue, or know what i'm doing wrong? I was just wanting to try ics on the my 7022. Thanks for any input.