ICS on 7022

agadabar

Oct 16, 2012
If it takes more than ten minutes to boot then try going back into recovery, go to mounts and format system, boot, cache, and data. Then go to advanced and wipe delvik cache. Then perform restore of my backup.

Sent from my MID7022 using Tapatalk 2

I followed the steps in the first post and my tablet was stuck on the android loading screen.

I tried these steps (quoted) and now it is stuck on the COBY screen.

Edit:
I was able to get into recovery and restore my backup and it loaded proper.

Last edited:

PacifistRiot

Oct 14, 2012
When I try to flash the 7022 update zip in CWM it just gets stuck on the first random offset statement and doesn't move past that...

agadabar

Oct 16, 2012
When I try to flash the 7022 update zip in CWM it just gets stuck on the first random offset statement and doesn't move past that...

How long did you let it stay on the random off set?

I re did the instillation several times because of the offset (I know it would happen but did not know to just wait)

I would up starting the install and had to go do other things, when I got back it was done (I was away for 30 min, don't know how long it took)

*** I am a noob at all of this, I could be wrong. I am just sharing what I did ***

agadabar

Oct 16, 2012
Prince, I have had another report of it not fully booting. Not sure why but I made another without gapps installed. Can you please try to wipe everything(data/factory reset, system, cache boot, delvick cache) and then flash this:

mid7022_ICS_Update2 - Minus

Let it fully boot and then you can wipe cache and delvick and flash the gapps file that is refrenced in this thread.

Please let us know if this new file works.

Thank you.

I tried this origionaly with the instructions on page 1 and got stuck at the Android screen.

Attempted to use your back up and got stuck at Coby screen.

This new version worked for me (although it did restart on it's own the first time it loaded)

Also, when we get the random offset error, do we just wait? I did not see this in the OP just that the offset would happen.

EDIT:

Wifi works but is constantly loosing the signal. Says it is not in range, however I know it is in range. When I restart the tablet it works again.
Turning wifi off then on works.
I was able to connect with google as well as Google play store. It updated as soon as a ran it.

I like the look and feel, but the activation pop up is really annoying. Is there a fix for this? I have tried to use my serial code and it does not accept it.

Last edited:

PacifistRiot

Oct 14, 2012
How long did you let it stay on the random off set?

I re did the instillation several times because of the offset (I know it would happen but did not know to just wait)

I would up starting the install and had to go do other things, when I got back it was done (I was away for 30 min, don't know how long it took)

*** I am a noob at all of this, I could be wrong. I am just sharing what I did ***
I guess I didn't leave it running long enough. I set it down and let it run and after like 25 min it said it completed. The problem now is that booting is stuck at the android screen. I let it sit at that screen for at least 30 minutes and nothing changed. Advice?

agadabar

Oct 16, 2012
I guess I didn't leave it running long enough. I set it down and let it run and after like 25 min it said it completed. The problem now is that booting is stuck at the android screen. I let it sit at that screen for at least 30 minutes and nothing changed. Advice?

Here is what I had to do --- I read through the pages of comments and there is a different file you can try. You will need to follow all the steps in the OP but use this file instead mid7022_ICS_Update2 - Minus (hope the link works) - if this link does not work then find the post from the OP think it is on page 3 or 4 of this thread.

Note - do not have the usb plugged in when you start. you will have language as German - top left ish of the screen click the words to select language. -- when you get to the screen to register you can press home or back button everything seems to work but the register thing pops up often.

When you get it working remember to thank the opriional poster at the bottom of the first post in this thread.

Question for help ----

I can not open the Nand when I connect USB to computer, I have files in there I want.
As well I have programs that use the SD card, I used to direct them to use tflash (directs to removeable SD) but now that does not work.

Last edited:

PacifistRiot

Oct 14, 2012
Here is what I had to do --- I read through the pages of comments and there is a different file you can try. You will need to follow all the steps in the OP but use this file instead mid7022_ICS_Update2 - Minus (hope the link works) - if this link does not work then find the post from the OP think it is on page 3 or 4 of this thread.

Note - do not have the usb plugged in when you start. you will have language as German - top left ish of the screen click the words to select language. -- when you get to the screen to register you can press home or back button everything seems to work but the register thing pops up often.

When you get it working remember to thank the opriional poster at the bottom of the first post in this thread.

Question for help ----

I can not open the Nand when I connect USB to computer, I have files in there I want.
As well I have programs that use the SD card, I used to direct them to use tflash (directs to removeable SD) but now that does not work.

Yeah I saw that post while looking for a solution and you can see that the date for the post that file is in came before the edit to the OP in which he changed the main zip to the updated version. Which means the update2 file is not the 0013 update that fixes a bunch of bugs.

agadabar

Oct 16, 2012
Yeah I saw that post while looking for a solution and you can see that the date for the post that file is in came before the edit to the OP in which he changed the main zip to the updated version. Which means the update2 file is not the 0013 update that fixes a bunch of bugs.

Oh, thanks. Even so that is what I used and it works. I like ICS way better than Ginger bread.

agadabar

Oct 16, 2012
I have done some more reaserch and found that when I connect the tablet to my PC the auto play that comes up shows the Nand, however when it opens up it is the SD.

I removed the SD and tried again, I now have access to the NAND.

I still have the issue that I can not redirect programs to use the removable SD card.

konnichiwa

Oct 26, 2012
I have EM73 and try to flash thís ICS . Successfully flash but can't boot as normal . It auto boot into fastboot everytime.
I tried flash boot of CM7 so boot ok and had ISC on my tablet. However,wifi can't connect and it can't not recognize nand memory and can't mount it.
I think because of boot.img . Please help me

kozacs87

Jun 8, 2013
Hello,

I tried to do step by step as it is written in the tutorial. Unfortunately, every time the string ANDROID limp - then we have nothing going on ... What should I do to start the tablet?

Sorry for my lang but i use google trans...

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
Hello,

I tried to do step by step as it is written in the tutorial. Unfortunately, every time the string ANDROID limp - then we have nothing going on ... What should I do to start the tablet?

Sorry for my lang but i use google trans...

Make sure to wipe system in recovery.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2