Color Nook and CM7 7.1.0 Stable Screen Size a tad off

CRS1

Aug 28, 2011
Hello All,

I have a Nook Color running CM7 7.0.3 Stable of a 32GB MicroSD Class4 Sandisk and it has been running great!

But I'm playing around with the new CM7 7.1 Stable

I had a few extra MicroSD cards, so I decided to test and installed CM7 7.1 Stable on an 8GB MicroSD card. I got everything fine, but I noticed that when I'm on the Market the page seems to be magnified a bit. Things are a little bigger than they are in CM7 7.0.3.

I also noticed this when I installed the Nook App and logged into my Library. the bookshelf and books seem much bigger. I have a Subscription to NatGeo Magazine and the text of all my magazines overall eachother, therefore you can't read the titles above the magazine. I looked all over the place to see if I can adjust the screen size, but I can not find it. THe resolution seems to be ok with everything else.

Is there a setting some where to change the resolution to a higher resolution?

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
The new stable release resets the LCD density from 161, which caused market issues, to 160 which is standard. As to the Nook app, are you using the latest version? It was updated last month.

CRS1

Aug 28, 2011
Yes, I'm using the latest app for Nook. I can't read my magazine subscribe because the screen resolution is a tab off. I can only read the magazine that's on top if you know what I mean. So I guess the issue that you mentioned with the Market is affecting the Nook app as well. Is there any fix for that?

I'd like to go to the 7.1 stable, nut I don't want to make the move of I have that issue.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I have the latest Nook app too and it's total garbage. They are now beta testing an update-hopefully it will fix all the problems. I have the same problem with not being able to read my magazines when I am on the Android side of things (I have a dual boot setup). Messages to Nook support have been ignored.

1hen2ducks

Mar 7, 2011
On my Nook, I had a similar or maybe the same issue and so went backwards to RC 1, build 200. All is well there now

Sent from my HP Touchpad using CM-7.1 alpha.

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
On my Nook, I had a similar or maybe the same issue and so went backwards to RC 1, build 200. All is well there now

Sent from my HP Touchpad using CM-7.1 alpha.

That's interesting because the 200 nightly was the first one with the change to 160.

BTW, how is the TP working for you so far? :)

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
That's interesting because the 200 nightly was the first one with the change to 160.

BTW, how is the TP working for you so far? :)

I changed my build.prop file to have 220 lcd and it is very easy on the eyes kinda like a samsung galaxy tab 7.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk