Confused on which tab to pick.... HELPP PLEASEE

confused_me

May 25, 2012
I am a newbie in here and so to speak to the world of tabs. I want to choose a tab that I can use for getting on with my routine and ofcourse be entertained. I would want to browse, work on docs, e-book, multimedia, skype.. I would like my phone to do its job and tab to handle rest.

I am looking for following specs: Dual Core processor (1GHz or more), Comm: Wi-Fi & 3G; Memory: 16GB (Micro SD Slot too); USB port; 1GB RAM; OS: Doesn't matter as long as it can be upgraded. Screen Size: 7-10 inches. I have searched and 'thought' that these models are good:
Asus Eee Pad Transformer/ Asus Transformer Pad TF300
Motorola Xoom
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0/ 10.1

also if you think that I have missed any good tablet point me towards that too.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

Depending on where you live, the ASUS tablets are hard to get with 3G. I know the 3G & 4G TF300 should be released soon.

All three of these are solid tablets otherwise. Samsung and Moto have more 3G access.

Personally, I would not buy a 3G tablet but get 3G tethering on my phone so I can upgrade my tablet without having to worry about a contract.

confused_me

May 25, 2012
Thanks a lot Fredereco & MA83.
Just one more Q- If I ignore the aspect of 3G...which one is the best bet?

Speaking of my opinion...I just fell for the ASUS Tablet, but if you guys think I need to look for other options please let me know. Completely pardon my ignorance but do these tabs come with Bluetooth for file transfer or doea it require Internet connection onlyy :(

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I know the TF101 and TF300 have bluetooth that can be used for internet if you need them to. I am pretty sure the others have the same option. One other aspect that is great with the ASUS tabs is they have a GPS chip so you can use it as a GPS without needing an internet connection. I am not sure if the Xoom has this or not and I am pretty sure Sammy does not have GPS built in.

The ASUS tablets have IPS screens (as does Sammy) which tend to be a bit nicer looking than the Moto. Also, all three need an adapter to get a USB port (unless you get the keyboard dock for the ASUS).

I have to say I am partial to ASUS, so let some other folks chime in on the pro's and con's of the others.

If I were buying a tablet today, I would go for the TF300 with a keyboard dock.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I'm pretty sure the Samsung tablets have GPS as well, my Galaxy Tab 7 plus has GPS, but that said for 10 inch tablets I would definitely recommend Asus, my tf101 has been great and with the keyboard dock there is just no equal.