Could someone please help me? I need an explanation for dummies!

serenity77

Apr 8, 2012
Hello all,
I have a Coby Kyros 7024 and I'm having problems starting it up. I have read some other responses but it's like trying to read Chinese, so I need it spelled out better PLEASE. I'm no dummy when it comes to computers but I'm a big dummy when it comes to my tablet.
So here is my problem. Strange things started happening like date/time reverting back to Jan 1, then my network would go on and off on it's own, and then all of my network connection options disappeared and I couldn't get connected at all. So I hit reset. Now when I turn it on, this is all I get:
=====================
Can not find any update image.
Press MENU/KEY_VOLUMEUP key to init SD card, Press BACK/KEY_VOLUMEDOWN key to cancel!
(COBY logo)

All of the soft touch buttons on the side remain lit. Nothing happens when I press them with the volume buttons. The only button it responds to is the round menu button. And then it says:
BACK/VOLUMEDOWN key, end...
This mode end!
Upgrade mode2 checking end!
=====================
System will shut down.
(off)

Before these strange occurances, I never had any problems. I have never updated anything before, I don't know how. It's not important if I lose everything on the tablet, it was mainly used to watch youtube videos and play games.

Thank you in advance!