Could you tether the Gentouch to my Android cell phone?

cjack

Sep 7, 2010
I know my cdma hero creates an ad hoc wifi point when I use wireless tether. I also know that Android powered phones inherently are unable to recognize ad hoc networks. But I've seen on other websites people run scripts that enable their phones to connect to ad hoc networks created by their laptops. Does anyone know if this is possible yet on my rooted Gentouch, and how its done? I would love to to be able to connect to the internet on everywhere.

-Thanks, Jack

=

sifon187

Aug 22, 2010
I was able to tether using my IPhone with this mod. One thing that is a pain though, the configuration file must be edited each time you restart your device.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
I was able to tether using my IPhone with this mod. One thing that is a pain though, the configuration file must be edited each time you restart your device.

you can use the App Gscript to run the script when you need it.. it allows you to create shortcuts right to your home screens... you write the script once make the short cut and hit it when ever you want to run it...

you couldn't get it to recognize to an Android phone?.. or do you only hae access to an ahmmm i phone-y...

sorry.. couldn't resist... lol

sifon187

Aug 22, 2010
you can use the App Gscript to run the script when you need it.. it allows you to create shortcuts right to your home screens... you write the script once make the short cut and hit it when ever you want to run it...

you couldn't get it to recognize to an Android phone?.. or do you only hae access to an ahmmm i phone-y...

sorry.. couldn't resist... lol

Like I never heard that one before. Waka Waka