Cruz Tablet T 301

Maxximuss

Jun 18, 2011
Contacted the manufacture and they will do nothing when I installed the wrong firmware. Seeing I waited almost a week for a response I phoned and talked to a nice person that said he would see what he could do. Also informed him that this item was a gift, about 100 of these got handed out at a golf tournament and that I don’t have a bill of sale. Called the next day and they basically said they would do nothing. Very poor customer service, not to the guy I talked to but the company itself. So there are 99 others that if they need customer support they will not get it. I had a X-box repaired that I bought and never had to submit a invoice for it. They paid for all the shipping and from claim to return it took less than 2 weeks turnaround. How is this not a legit claim when you got a new unit registered with them and serial # ? I will never buy a product made by them now due to this, knowing that they will not go the extra mile for their customers. Good luck to all those who ever install the wrong firmware that the unit will allow you to do (In error) and not stop this from happening. Read every note on their site before you install any update or your screwed!! also one thing I find dumb, why would they make the firmware update installer the same name for the different units anyway? Simply called “Update”.
PS: it has a one year warranty that I cannot use, go figure?

andredre

Jun 24, 2011
I recently bought this tablet and have come to realize I'm not as tech-savvy as I thought I was. I mainly use it for an e-reader so in that aspect it works well, but I've been trying to find a way to either download movies/shows to the tablet and be able to watch them. I downloaded best tube and downloaded a ton of videos, but I can find no way to play them. I've downloaded a ton of different apps and just can't figure this out. Could someone please help me? I'm taking a 5 hr flight with my 2 kids soon and was hoping I'd be able to leave the portable dvd player and dvds at home and let the kids watch on this but it just isn't working. I'm almost to the point where I'm willing to return it because I'm so frusterated.

Don't return it! Its a pretty good device for the money if you learn how to use it. What Your'e going to want to get is an sd card. You can buy an 8gb one from Amazon for $10. Using the sd card slot on the t301, you can load everything you want onto there. When you want to look at files stored in the device, or in an external sd card, go to astro.The sd card that you slide in will be in a folder named "sd card 1". NOTE when you slide the sd card into the slot, hold down for a few seconds, until at the notifications bar it says "preparing sd card". Then let the sd card go and it will stay in. On the sd card, you can download all your movies and stuff, and they will play smoothly on the t301. As for apps, i recommend downloading them from the internet. here are some links for game downloads of games that run the best and I like the most. You can download these in browser on the t301, which is cool. To look at the things you just downloaded on the browser by the way, you can hold the notifications bar at the top, and drag it down. That is the notifications menu. Downloads will appear there. When an app download is done, then you can click it, and then select "app manager" That will bring you to a menu asking if you want to install the app.

Download Robo.Defense.2.0.6.Android.apk from filesonic.com - FilesTube.com - download everything scroll down and click slow download. You'll have to wait about 30 seconds.

Defend Homeland Full v1.7.0.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

andredre

Jun 24, 2011
It is basically as good as the nook color with the updated android. It vastly improves performance.

deb

Aug 24, 2010
I don't mean to get anyone away from this forum, b ut SlateDroid forum has people who have rooted the Cruz T301. I don't plan on doing that, but for those who do, its a place to check out.

So I'll stay here for now, but check there as its more active (that may have been where I got some APKs).

Sent from my Droid1 using Android Tablet Forum