D-Media ATM3470

Ron_65

Oct 24, 2011
I saw on the battery information screen that most of the battery consumption is done by the mobile standby (cell standby) function. This seems totally unnecessary because this device will never be used as phone.
Does anybody know how to get rid of this mobile standby function and making sure that is doesn't autostart when the device is booted.
I guess a lot of battery power will be saved.
On my device 87% of the consumption of the battery is done by the mobile standby service(s).

Update :
I used SuperOneClick, don't use latest version this won't work on this device (see previous posts), to gain root access on my device, after this I installed the root explorer app on it. With this explorer I was able to rename two .apk file residing in the system/app folder of the device. Some errors will occur during the renaming process but after a boot, the device is running again without battery consumption from Phone.apk and TelephonyProvider.apk ! I used this technique based upon the information found here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.php/t-887957.html
This quick fix is saving much battery life for me, and is easy to roll-back as well.

Last edited:

Raoul

Oct 26, 2011
Hi,

I got this tablet a couple of weeks ago and broke the power supply cable (unfortunately at the end that goes into the tablet :( ). I couldn't find another one like it on the Internet so I called the helpdesk some days ago and asked them how to obtain a new one. I didn't think it was a difficult question but they routed the question to their technical department and said I would receive my answer asap by e-mail, that was some days ago. I called a second time trying to speed things up but untill now without succes. Anyone any suggestions how to obtain a new one?
Thanks.

frank58

Oct 22, 2011
The service is very bad. They do not call back. I wrote a mail regarding this to the customerservice (Kruidvat) but no response!

Raoul

Oct 26, 2011
I Googled the number of the helpdesk (0800-4866832, you can find it on the back of the tablet). It appears to be the helpdesk of TomTec (0800-4TOMTEC)...

Broshy59

Oct 30, 2011
I just bought this tablet and while browsing the market I noticed a strange effect with images while scrolling through app info pages. First I thought this was some custom effect but using the gallery I noticed kind of the same effect. While flipping through photos they tend to get squashed. Zooming in on an image only zooms the image vertically and horizontally it stays the same size. This results in images being shown in a very strange and unviewable way, all streched. Anyone with the same problem? The thing is, I bought this tablet for my dad who wants to use it as a portfolio for his photos...
I just bought this tablet as well and updated the firmware hoping to fix this issue with displaying pictures while scrolling to no avail. It happens when I use my manga viewer and also on select photos in the browser. It seems quite random considering once it worked with the manga viewer, but since I havn't seen it work once... Anyone know a fix for this issue? It is quite an annoying bug... Thanks in advanced!

Raoul

Oct 26, 2011
Guess what?!? When I called the helpdesk last tuesday they asked mij adress and today I received a new USB cable with power supply!!! Good service after all!!!

hendri

Nov 11, 2011
I saw on the battery information screen that most of the battery consumption is done by the mobile standby (cell standby) function. This seems totally unnecessary because this device will never be used as phone.
Does anybody know how to get rid of this mobile standby function and making sure that is doesn't autostart when the device is booted.
I guess a lot of battery power will be saved.
On my device 87% of the consumption of the battery is done by the mobile standby service(s).

Hey Guys,

Bought this one yesterday from marktplaats (for all the dutch guys around here ;)) So far so good, but I have a few questions!

I was wondering the same as Ron_65.
My other question is; is there a custom ROM available yet for this tablet, or a custom rom which will work on this device?

Many thanks in advance,
Hendri

arjand300

Sep 30, 2011
Hi all,

I finally rooted the tablet.
And because the mobile standby was 88% of the consumption i deleted the phone.apk and the telephoneprovider.apk
Everything Works fine, but when i look at the battery stil it as a high usage of mobile standby.

So did i mis something ?

Ron_65

Oct 24, 2011
Mobile standby consumption will take place even when you don't switch off the device completely (short touch of power switch). In the 'sleep' mode to consumption of battery power will still continue, that's the mobile standby function you will see in the overview.
When completely shutting off the device after each usage your power consumption will be reasonable (long touch of power switch, followed by confirmation message).
Powering on my device won't take that long, so I will take the extra seconds for granted.

Ron_65

Oct 24, 2011
After a reboot i directly downloaded android 3.13 (3.15) via browser search in Google.
Then i signed in with an gmail account. Now i have more dutch apkk's then before. Still a simple 9292ov i cannot download. But I've got the message this computers isn't compatible with this item.
Hi Klaas2608,
Could you please provide me with a link to the Android Romset you used ? I am ablo to find Roms, but I want to be on the safe side of things here. If you no longer have the link available, could you maybe guide me in the right direction(s) ?
Thanks in advance,
Ron_65

Ton

Dec 1, 2011
I have problems with the sdhc card
I formatted it as FAT32 using the card reader from my PC. after the firmware update
i have used a adata 16 GB class 10 en a kingston 4GB class 4

juliaiaia

Sep 23, 2011
Why is it impossible to download any kind of "branded" apps like facebook, skype, twitter, hp e-print, epson e-print,... from android.market.com? Still the same warning: "This device is not compatible with ... ". Don't know what i'm not doing right.