Dazed & confused about which tablet

The Doge

Sep 5, 2010
Ok, I have been reading websites for 3 days now and am probably more confused now than when I began. I was going to buy an Ipad but would prefer to go with an Android tablet. I realize most tablets are at the beginning stages and am fine with that. For the price of an Ipad I can buy one now, use it for 3 or 4 months then utilize it for a remote for my home automation system when I buy a more established tablet. I would prefer a 10" screen but I would also like to have the 2 touch function. As I understand the 2 touch function allows you to drag the screen larger and smaller. I could live with a 7" or 8" screen to have this option. I would like for it to be upgradeable to Android 2.2, have the "g" sensor and the ability to connect to the Android store. The main use for now would be to surf the web, read books, check e-mail, view movies and for my son to play games on. Having GPS would be a bonus as well as 3g ability. I am somewhat technical and have a guy at work who is into the Android software to assist me on more involved items. I would like to keep the price in the $220 range. I would welcome any suggestions.
Thanks

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2010
At present as far as I am aware there are no tablets which have a G sensor and are able to run Android 2.2. The only tablet that runs 2.2 that I know of is the WITS A81E, which is great but no G sensor.

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
Sadly there is no "ideal" tablet right now. Only the Wits A81 has GPS and Android 2.2, but it lacks G-sensor and 2-point touch. If you want 2-point touch and accelerometer (g-sensor) than the only option is E7002. It may get upgrade to Android 2.2 in the near future...but uncertain right now. If you want a more detailed comparison between different tablets feel free to check my signature.

cablesurfr

Sep 18, 2010
Sadly there is no "ideal" tablet right now. Only the Wits A81 has GPS and Android 2.2, but it lacks G-sensor and 2-point touch. If you want 2-point touch and accelerometer (g-sensor) than the only option is E7002. It may get upgrade to Android 2.2 in the near future...but uncertain right now. If you want a more detailed comparison between different tablets feel free to check my signature.

I am looking to compare models like Toshiba Folio, Viliv X10, Notion Ink ADAM and like models, please wade in one and all.
Thanks
Dana