Market on 2.2 Sylvania/Disco - Work In Progress

Cat88Extreme

Mar 15, 2011
I have a real google account so I'm trying to figure out if I should be able to get paid apps (ie, did I do something wrong), because I am not seeing them.

epeereboom

Dec 19, 2010
As of now you can not buy the paid apps through the market the way we have it set up. But any apps previously purchased will show up.

Sent from my p7901a using Tapatalk

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Just another question; i download the 2.2.11 market to do the same thing over here, but after installed it and paste the vending preference.xml on the vending.com this wont workz; so i was thinking if the hack it would only work with the vending that is posted before only? Sor do i missed something in the installed of the updated market; anyone knows something regard it?

Sent from my Sytabex7 Tablet

cheesemp

Jun 25, 2011
Thanks X12wiked your walk through worked first time. I now have Gmail and other apps plus a game I purchased on my phone. I was so pleased I registered just to express my thanks.

Quick question - Has anyone got google maps/earth via the market - I've got evrything else including street view?

jam365

Jun 27, 2011
thanks to Xi2wiked for the excellent post i followe dit and had market running in minutes

Last edited:

meggiedude

Jun 28, 2011
Download the market from here http://db.tt/WkoKjgb and as soon as you get it downloaded install it straight from your sdcard. As soon as you have the market installed open it and accept the terms of service, then close it. Go to settings, click applications, then manage apps. Click on the running tab. Scroll down and find market and select it. Click on clear cache, then click on force stop. Back up and find the Google services framework, clear the data for this one, then force stop it as well. Next, download this file http://db.tt/xZbIjGa and copy it into /data/data/com.android.vending/shared_prefs which will overwrite the pre-existing vending prefs file. Now reboot. As soon as you're powered back up, start trying to open the market. It WILL error out on you a few times but it will work. When you get the market to load finally, go back to settings, apps, manage apps, you need to clear markets cache again then force stop it, then go back to the Google services framework, click clear data again, then force stop. REBOOT. As soon as you are powered back up go to the market. Viola, it works.... :)
The bit I am stuck at is in bold red above. I have followed the instructions to the letter, but see no /data/data directory to place the pref file into. :confused: My /data directory is empty

cheesemp

Jun 25, 2011
Have you got androot giving you root access setup correctly?

Sent from my disgo6000 using Android Tablet Forum

meggiedude

Jun 28, 2011
Have you got androot giving you root access setup correctly?

Sent from my disgo6000 using Android Tablet Forum

Yeah thx, was not using androot was the issue - oops.

Got it working, but then the next reboot it took several attempts again to get the Market working without error. Is his normal. Should I expect to have to have to start the app a few times following each reboot?

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Yeah thx, was not using androot was the issue - oops.

Got it working, but then the next reboot it took several attempts again to get the Market working without error. Is his normal. Should I expect to have to have to start the app a few times following each reboot?
You might want to reset the device to factory, then start fresh with root and the follow the steps. If not now, you will later when something else doesn't work correctly as is often encountered with these devices when loading multiple applications on an already questionable firmware.

meggiedude

Jun 28, 2011
You might want to reset the device to factory, then start fresh with root and the follow the steps. If not now, you will later when something else doesn't work correctly as is often encountered with these devices when loading multiple applications on an already questionable firmware.
Well its working this morning, so will see how it goes.
If it fails again I will do as you say. Thanks

damianinpa

Jun 29, 2011
So, can someone clarify if Paid apps show up? Has anyone gotten this working??
I rooted and go the market and I only see Free apps. But, some searches I am doing for free apps such as xscope brower or adobe flash come back with nothing. On my phone they come up in the app store. So, even free apps aren't appearing properly. I find it very odd that a search on my phone shows 21 hits only shows 7 on the tablet. Strange!