Does NookColor Tools have a back button somewhere?

nonnef

Feb 12, 2011
Whenever I go playing around in 'NookColor Tools' to change or view something, I can never back out to a different option. There isn't a back button anywhere on the screen, the return button on the main bar doesn't actually go back, if it's even shown. Even killing the task doesn't help. Only way I seem to be able to go back is either reset the NC or let it sit idle for awhile.

This happens in pretty much every option under tools, and I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong. At first I wasn't to bothered by it because I was still learning everything else about Android. But now that I'm starting to get deeper into it, it's really frustrating.

I'm rooted on 1.1 and running Zeam Launcher 2.8.7, is that just the way it works on our NCs? Or am I doing something backward?
Did I even explain the problem right, or should I post a picture? =)

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Use softkeys (which should be installed if you used any autonooter to root) or button savior (my favorite of the two) found on the android market for soft home/menu/home buttons. If you don't see your softkeys on the screen, then the app is most likely just turned off and if you aer using an app like advance taks killer, make sure you set softkeys or button savior to ignore so it will remain on at all times.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I believe on that screen you can also swipe right to left on the notification bar on the bottom and that acts like a back as well...of course the notification bar isn't always on the screen, so using rico's advice to get either softkeys or button savior is the real fix...

nonnef

Feb 12, 2011
I disabled softkeys when I installed Button Savior, but even Saviors back button wasn't working.
What -did- work however was the swiping on the notification bar. I never would have thought of that. There are so many tricks to learn about this. We need a manual. =)

Thank you both so much for you help!

Edit: Button Savior's back is working now. Not sure if I had something set wrong or what, but just in case anyone trying to figure this out reads this in the future, it does work fine. Must have been an ID 10T error on my part that it wasn't. ;)

Last edited:

xfeejayx

Feb 28, 2011
My button savior back doesn't work either. Dont care too much since i run both that and soft keys, but would be nice.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Button savior back button fix

Enable usb debugging in nook color tools > settings > development: check usb debugging

Then reboot.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Android Tablets Forum App