DOPO DPA23D won't retain settings and takes 4 minutes to boot up

shinnen

Aug 24, 2018
Hi all,
I bought a (used) DOPO DPA23D. It seems to run fine, but will not retain settings and takes 4 minutes to boot up; about 15 seconds on the DOPO logo, and another 3+ minutes on the "GO" animation with the spinning satellites. I've done a factory reset and deleted the cache, both several times, but nothing seems to help.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
..... john

shinnen

Aug 24, 2018
Hi,
Perhaps there's an apk that I can install which will save my settings, and then re-set them (automatically or manually) upon restarting?
.......... john

shinnen

Aug 24, 2018
Hi again,
It was suggested to me that TWRP and Nandroid would allow me to backup my system, and allow me to reinstall the backup, customizations and all.
What do you think?
....... john

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Hi again,
It was suggested to me that TWRP and Nandroid would allow me to backup my system, and allow me to reinstall the backup, customizations and all.
What do you think?
....... john
It can, but for it to be feasible someone on the Internet owned the tablet and compiled a copy of TWRP for it. It's unlikely an official build exists on twrp.me.

shinnen

Aug 24, 2018
Hi Traveller,
I found a site that provided many many version of TWRP, one of which (me.twrp.twrpapp_1.6-19_minAPI14(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk) 'supposedly' works with my version of Android; but when I look for DOPO or Double Power in the list of devices, I don't see it, and there are a lot of devices listed. Could it be under another name?
...... john

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You went to APKMirror, based upon the filename. What you found is the TWRP app, and the app will not help you here. What you need is the TWRP recovery image, which APKMirror will not have. If you went to twrp.me - the home site of TWRP - and didn't find the recovery image there, then they don't have it. You'll then have to hope someone built an unofficial image and shared it.

shinnen

Aug 24, 2018
Hi Traveller,
Thanks again. Your help is invaluable. Can I assume then that when I tell TWRP to do a 'Backup Recovery', although it says it has been successful in doing so, it hasn't really backed up my installation?
...... john

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Correct. It's backing up the recovery partition, not your data. Regardless of how you back up the data however, whether it be through the recovery or by using ADB commands, the trick is in restoring the data. With ADB commands it's exceptionally difficult. With a nandroid backup, it's easy.

shinnen

Aug 24, 2018
Hi,
Alright .... thanks. It looks like TWRP is not an option, since I can't find a recovery image.
..... john