Double-tap uses

wwz7777

Jan 24, 2011
Does anyone know of an app or browser that uses a double-tap for something other than zooming? My workplace uses a scheduling program for employees to see their schedule in a monthly view. If you want to see the details of a particular trip, you double-click (on a PC) on it and a pop-up window appears with the all of the details. Is there anything like that (opening another window) with a double-tap?

Thanks for the help!

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
i think most apps just let you click on things once to open them, so no need to double tap

wwz7777

Jan 24, 2011
Unfortunately, the website application is for a "real" computer running IE or Mac. So, when I access the site thru my Android (phone or tablet), I can't get the "double-tap-to-open" to work and see my detailed schedule. One guy at work "heard" that Dolphin Browser could do it, but I can't see where in Dolphin to do it.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I do not know the answer, but I would give xScope a shot too. Long pressing does not work?

wwz7777

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks for the tip. I'll try xScope today. And a long press (so far) doesn't do anything.

Last edited:

wwz7777

Jan 24, 2011
I tried xScope and there is no double-tap there either. I also can't turn off Pop-up blockers, which my company uses alot. As for the long press, it doesn't work for my purpose either. Any ideas?

tombtroy

Mar 14, 2011
I never use double tap. Only people that want to run around spraying do lol. I also never use it on Nazi zombies. Your basically wasting much needed ammo.