Dreambook W7 Firmware Update Guide

ringo

May 25, 2011
i think i bricked my device i flashed it witht he firmware and now just gets stuck on android boot logo help

ringo

May 25, 2011
right i have tryed the reset button tryed the boot key config back + home + power when i connect it to my computer the makes a connected noise i was just wondering if anybody had any ideas if there is a way to boot via sd to recover or to flash by pc

dimisx1

Jan 24, 2011
right i have tryed the reset button tryed the boot key config back + home + power when i connect it to my computer the makes a connected noise i was just wondering if anybody had any ideas if there is a way to boot via sd to recover or to flash by pc

Don't wory follow these instructions from synrgic site and you wil be ok!!
W7 pc refresh tool download : V_22forMFG(MFG)

felipe

Apr 24, 2011
Synrgic advise to carry out a factory reset from the Android Recovery Menu prior to flashing new firmware.

I believe the update must be carried out with the firmware files on the Dreambook internal memory ONLY - not from an SD Card. (need to confirm this)

You are correct. This is because the directory /sdcard/ (where the recovery software will look for the update files) is actually the internal memory. Dreambook sees the SD card as /extsd/.

BobC

Aug 4, 2011
I have a question. Once you extract the update.zip and bootimg.tgz files on your PC, and copy them to SD, can you insert the SD card in to your W7 and transfer them to the root of the internal memory?

lmanes

Sep 29, 2011
I can update with option 2 but there's no option 5...... Any ideas?I'm stucked on B02V05-20110525(HD104)
To update the Dreambook W7 1) Power off the tablet 2) Remove 3G Sim and SD Card 3) Extract the two files: udpate.zip and bootimg.tgz from the firmware file and transfer to the Dreambook (Internal Memory) root directory 4) Press and hold: return + home + power buttons together to boot into the android system recovery menu 5) Select option 2 (apply sdcard:update.zip) and press the home button 6) Select option 5 (apply sdcard:boot.img) and press the home button 7) Select option 1 (reboot system now) and press the home button to power off the tablet 8) Turn the tablet on and go to settings 9) Select "About Device" and go to "Build number" - Check to make sure the dreambook firmware has been updated by viewing the build number.It is advised to select: wipe data/factory reset from recovery menu before carrying out a firmware update.PLEASE NOTE: FIRMWARE WITH HD104 or HD105 IS SPECIFIC TO DREAMBOOK HARDWARE TYPETo check your device: goto settings / about deviceThis will display the Version # followed by (HD104) or (HD105) this is your dreambook hardware type- As it has been asked a few times I thought it would be easier to find this info in a thread of its own. Hope this helps.

sharpness71

Mar 18, 2012
Just brought the Synrgic W7 tablet, and I'm having problems with it already. I have a 3g sim card that I can not get to work with the tablet. It can not find the network.
I input the settings from the provider, and still no service. They did not have the exact model of that tablet. So I looked through the list of phones to see the most similar. They had settings for Android 1.6 and higher. So, I input them.
I want to upgrade the firmware to Android 2.3, but I'm having problem getting my pc to recognize my tablet when I connect it with the USB cable, and I can not find the Android 2.3 upgrade anywhere. All the links are closed.

I'm new messing with Tablets. Any help would be appreciated.

HD105

worusan

Apr 24, 2012
the same problems as sharpness.

mfg tool does not recognize my dreambook, i can not find any links to the 2.3 roms.
anyone who could upload these, or give some tips?

uman

May 17, 2012
Yeah, it worked. I googled how to reset an android tablet and found out that there should be a small button that you should push using a pin to reset it. I did not find a small button on W7, so i tried to press anything that i can see, and when i pressed the charge light indicator, it worked.

damn it was scary =)

Where is the link?
my W7 has same problem too... :(

mr.claude

Apr 6, 2012
sharpness71 said:
Just brought the Synrgic W7 tablet, and I'm having problems with it already. I have a 3g sim card that I can not get to work with the tablet. It can not find the network.
I input the settings from the provider, and still no service. They did not have the exact model of that tablet. So I looked through the list of phones to see the most similar. They had settings for Android 1.6 and higher. So, I input them.
I want to upgrade the firmware to Android 2.3, but I'm having problem getting my pc to recognize my tablet when I connect it with the USB cable, and I can not find the Android 2.3 upgrade anywhere. All the links are closed.

I'm new messing with Tablets. Any help would be appreciated.

HD105

Hi resolved your problems? I need to search an hosting service and if someone want i will put an link to 2.3 firmware of course if I not get baned to put link ;) . But if you read Dreambook thread no one not advice to use 2.3 because is very bugy.

Last edited:

Ilrilan

Jun 6, 2012
if someone want i will put an link to 2.3 firmware of course if I not get baned to put link ;) . But if you read Dreambook thread no one not advice to use 2.3 because is very bugy.
Will be great! I find only mfgtools with 2.3 files, and no firmware files for flashing from recovery. Can you upload firmware or give any advice how flash worked dreambook with mfgtools?
If there is any problems with putting links, send please with PM

mr.claude

Apr 6, 2012
Ilrilan said:
Will be great! I find only mfgtools with 2.3 files, and no firmware files for flashing from recovery. Can you upload firmware or give any advice how flash worked dreambook with mfgtools?
If there is any problems with putting links, send please with PM

v2.3 is available only from Mfg because is an total upgrade, not an update from sdcard. Flash from Mfg is risky if you are a newbie and for flashing with mfg you can find here on forum an tutorial (just search a little). Ok, let me know you have 2.3 for mfg or you need for sdcard (good to not search because this one is not available). If you need 2.3 for mfg I put down the link. If someone is interested I will make an step by step tutorial for upgrade with mfg (although in mfg pack is available one in /doc folder).
Link that I promise: here is mfg tools with 2.3.3 HD105V24 for Dreambook W7 (aka: Dreambook W7 ET1000)
or
here is mfg tools with 2.? HD104V22 for Dreambook W7 (aka: Dreambook W7 ET1000) but this one not tested (my Dreambook is HD105) I think is Android v2.2 not v2.3.3.
But warning! you are responsible what you do with your tablet.

Last edited: