Dumb mistake - turned off backlight with widget and can't get it back on

william1853

Oct 25, 2010
I see someone posted a similar problem at Slatedroid but that site is down and I can't read the thread :-(

I purchased the white Pandigital Novel yesterday, installed a custom rom, and was doing great - for a while. I didn't get the market to work yet, but I know there are more steps involved.

What I DID do however, which has me irritated, was to install the power control widget to the start page. Then, I hit the widget apparently to turn the screen backlight off, thinking it would still be readable, but now the screen is solid black and I can't get it back! Resetting has no effect as it goes black again as soon as it boots back up.

Can someone suggest how I can get the backlight back? thanks very much.

(I apologize for my first post being such a dumb mistake. As soon as I get this working again that widget is GONE!)

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Re-install the ROM you installed from the SDCard. That will blow out the app and you'll start over fresh!

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Your welcome the other way is to use SDK Explorer and uninstall the app. This would involve connecting the tablet via USB to PC. Running Droid base Explorer software on the PC. Almost like your a doctor on remote site trying to operate on your tablet. With this Novel it might not work right? I couldn't get it to work. Some Android OS 2.1 it does.