Easily Root Android Tablet with One Click

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Here's an one click root tool for Android, UniversalAndRoot:
A new and simple root method..."UniversalAndroot" - Android @ MoDaCo

Developed by some Taiwanese developers on the root exploit released on xda. Comments on the blog are generally positive.

It is also opensource (shakalaca's UniversalAndroot at master - GitHub), which is scary. But that's a story for another day.

Just install the APK and follow the instructions: http://bit.ly/aa4jxJ

May take more than one try

Another alternative Superoneclick:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682

Also Z4Root:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833953

Multiupload DL: http://www.multiupload.com/UWMLM1IU60

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Ya. Too bad it doesn't work. Would have made this easier for the newbies.

cblah001

Aug 9, 2010
Any updates on this? I am looking for a 1 click solution. I guess I just completely don't understand how to root it any other way. I just get messages that keep saying I'm not allowed to do this and that. It's frustrating.

Thanks to all of you who work every day to continue developing things for all open source software.

dctab

Sep 26, 2010
Ya. Too bad it doesn't work. Would have made this easier for the newbies.

It does work. But apparently not on everything. I am a newbie and at first I couldn't understand why I couldn't save my work after I discovered RootExplorer. I was delighted when I installed Univesal Androot on my Zenithink ZD180 epad running Android 2.1 and it allowed me to edit and save files. However, when I tried it on a 7" Eken M70003 running 1.6 it hangs before the installation completes. I'm now looking for a one-click solution for it, too. Any ideas for it?

dctab

Sep 26, 2010
dctab

can you post a link to that for me?

i just ordered my zt180 and when it arrives I';d like tio add that if its not already there.

thanks

j

I learned about them thanks to iBeau who was kind enough to send me this link

iBeau dot net » Easy Root & txPower fix on Zenithink ZT-180

to his blog where he gives links to the programs and offers some tips on using them. You'll want them so you can make the edits so you can join an adhoc wireless network, i.e. tether your tablet to your smartphone.

eradicus

Oct 26, 2010
I know that the first step is to identify the tablet then second is to apply the correct rooted mod.

The questions here is, if I have an update, how do I make it root?

Instructions such as these,

1. Open terminal
2. Write shellcode for Android
3. Compile shellcode
4. Run shellcode
5. Change root password
6. Add user to sudo ring
7. Enjoy root

Can anyone give a detailed example on how to do it? There could be an init script that does it or something like that. Thanks.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
I just rooted my tablet with it running the factory firmware - no update or mod. Did it via adb by mounting the file system read/write, pushed "su" and "Superuser.apk" to the device, changed permissions on the "su" file, rebooted the tablet. Now I can get root with "su" commands in the Terminal Emulator on the tablet and root-only apps ask permission to run with admin privileges.

It is apparently not that easy on all devices, but nobody could seem to tell me if it would work or not so I gave it a shot and it worked.

(the exact commands I used over adb are in this post)

Last edited:

orgulio

Dec 13, 2010
Shakalaca, I would like to ask your assistance with Universalandroot.

Hi all, I'm the developer of Universal Androot. It will be great help if you can give me the ddms output when doing root with this program, or I can upload special version to help rooting ;-)

I have a tablet that is the FR-809 model. Specs are:
Processor: Freescale iMX515 800 Mhz ARM Cortex A8 Chip, Operation System: Google Android 2.2 Froyo (Support Flash 10.1),

ROM: 4GB NAND Flash, Memory: 512M DDR RAM, External Memory: Support TF / Mini SD Card up to 32G

Display 800 * 600 (16:9) Resolution, 8 Inch TFT LCD, Input: Resistive Touch Panel, Virtual KB, WiFi: 802.11b/g,USB2*2.0, High Speed OTG,

When I try to run your program it stops when trying to install toolbox and the gives and error message of "Failed ! No ---Fu goo ---"

If you can help with a version that will work, it would be wonderful. If you need more info on the tablet plase let me know what you need and how to access it. I am still learning a lot related to android.

Thank you and Happy New Years.

Orgulio