Ebooks

lindamit

Nov 21, 2010
Hi does anyone get ebooks from the library and if so what do you need to read them. The one I got to experiment with has a prc ending. I am only new to this and have been trying to work it out for days. PLS help me out.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
There are two ways to go about it. Either you convert the format or you use a reader that can read the format. I like and use Ireader. I also have been tempted to use ISilo. Some people swear by Aldiko. I am not sold. Aldiko will read PRC format.

Others will use the Kindle app or the Barnes and Noble App. My opinion, list your formats you want to read and there will be a reader for them. But you may have to use multiple readers.

Comacine

Aug 23, 2010
I just installed Aldiko a few days a go and finished reading my first book last night. I found the experience more comfortable than reading on my iPad or my Sony eReader. I recommend it. I'm running it on a 7" Haipad, by the way.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
i installed Nook on my Haipad - and just to test it out, bought an e book (War by Sebastian Junger) and to my surprise, i liked the experience a lot - especially as i do my reading on the couch, on the bed and in the john :)

however it is difficult to read outdoors or in bright sunny rooms and the brightness on my Haipad is limited - but that is fine coz i seldom read outside or bright sunny rooms. So my main pain point now is battery life

linda_bee

Nov 27, 2010
can someone recommend a good ebook reader? i understand amazon have their kindle reader which you can buy books from their store, however i was just wondering if i buy an ebook from amazon, can i use other ebook readers to read it or is it fixed like itunes is, to a certain format? same goes for if i use other ebook readers.

once i buy an ebook, i dont want to get stuck with just one type of ebook reader in case i prefer something else later on.

maddog69

Nov 22, 2010
hi
I have installed kindle on a haipad g10 today. (first download onto my first tablet) (or shall i say its my daughters when she is awake)LOL.
Anyway its installed i open up from the desk top.
it states ' to get new books,select kindle store from the menu.
Can you tell where the menu is. can not locate it?
thanks in advance
graham

barcon

Nov 24, 2010
hi
I have installed kindle on a haipad g10 today. (first download onto my first tablet) (or shall i say its my daughters when she is awake)LOL.
Anyway its installed i open up from the desk top.
it states ' to get new books,select kindle store from the menu.
Can you tell where the menu is. can not locate it?
thanks in advance
graham

To get to kindle store home page from kindle app, use icon on top toolbar, mine is icon next to home icon, this will open toolbar at bottom of screen to select various operations, am using zenithink 10'' tablet.
barcon