Ematic E-GLIDE Android Mobile Internet

Gershwin

Jan 20, 2011
Golly Newnick, this is turning things a bit for me. First question *I* want to ask is : release date. Has the E-Glide been around long?

thanks for your post :)

Gershwin

Jan 20, 2011
Will a keyboard be possible? My PalmOne uses a separate keyboard, via infra-red.
E-glide seems very new.

I bought it and owned it for a week now. So far so good. ...

This little tablet offers extremely good value. It basically does almost everything I want...

The screen is not prettier than my droid 2 and sure it's not ... . Video and pictures look good on it. Reading ebooks, newspaper on it is much more comfortable than reading on my droid 2. Viewing video is good, no disturbing ghosting effect ...

One good thing is that it comes with the authentic google android market app. For people who want to buy from google android market instead of Applib or other markets, this is a good news. ... s.

I added ATK, ...ware, Adobe PDF reader, handwriting input software, kindle, radio, ...

Worth to mention is that this tablet supports 3G connection thru it's USB tho ...

It does basically 95% of what I want it to do excpet no picture taking and no DRM ebooksupport . ...

I am a happy owner. I own two now. Highly recommended.

newnick

Jan 23, 2011
i just checked the Amazon and Walmart for e-glide reviews. Looks like most are just too brief to be truely useful. I would say if you are just need it for simple browsing, document management/viewing and basic personal tasks, it's not a bad choice. But the two I bought did have critical power-on issue after they were in sleep mode overnight. And eglide doesn't support kindle or DRM ebooks. Plus it's landscape mode in nature and orientation locks (or D/P lock app) won't work on it.

Again, I returned it mainly because of the power-on issue and no DRM support. Other than those, it offers very good value.

But if you dont mind buying your ebook from B&N instead of Kindle Amazon, you may want to check out the new nook color which is only $60-$70 more. Everything (from screen to ram to preinstalled micro SD card) is better than the e-glide. the big plus is you can run honeycomb (check download from XDA). Also Android market website is now just opened means that you can basically buy apps from there even you dont have the Android market app pre-installed to your tablet. Of course that reaquired some work on your side.

Good luck on finding your tablet. I will probably get another galaxy tab later this quarter when the galaxy tab 2 is out and the tab original goes down more in price (Hope I will see $249 without a contract).

Last edited:

newnick

Jan 23, 2011
Golly Newnick, this is turning things a bit for me. First question *I* want to ask is : release date. Has the E-Glide been around long?

thanks for your post :)

Not sure how long this tablet has been around but it's not that old, i believe. It was on sale in J&R for $169 early Jan this year. I did not notice that walmart carries it as well.

tmmfarthing

Feb 3, 2011
I don't have the powering issue with my E-glide but I do have a problem with the cell standby eating up the battery...It shows to go to the Wireless & network settings and to consider putting it in airplane mode in areas with no cell coverage; however, when I go to that location there isn't a place for airplane mode (not like on my android cell phone).

The problem is I don't plan on using this with any type of cell service or 3G. I will use the Wi-Fi function though. Can anyone help me with figuring this out? I would like to just turn off the cell radio!! On the other hand I am wondering if the cell standby is technically the Android system running...who knows the manual doesn't show jack and there are hardly any in depth reviews online, too new maybe?!

Thanks to anyone who helps!!

rokky

Oct 22, 2010
Has anyone found any source for the 3G dongle? Every sales page I have seen so far states it as "sold separately", but without any links to that separate sales page.

Alternatively, I have seen some images that seem to show a full-size USB port next to a mini-USB port. Is the full-size port usable in host mode? If so, maybe that could be connected to a cell phone for USB tethering?

TIA

newnick

Jan 23, 2011
You may just go to one of the carriers in your area and ask for that. I think all carriers have 3G USB dongle. You need to pay monthly fee for the data tho.

rokky

Oct 22, 2010
You may just go to one of the carriers in your area and ask for that. I think all carriers have 3G USB dongle. You need to pay monthly fee for the data tho.

Duhhh :eek:

I was thinking it would be some proprietary dongle made by Ematic, but your response makes more sense - I have seen plenty of those. They really should re-word that as "sold separately by carrier".

If that is the case, as seems likely, then that bodes well for tethering with my smartphone via the same USB connection, and not bothering with yet another data plan/device.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Androo

Feb 9, 2011
Hi, I just got an Ematic E-Glide and I can barely find any support for it. I was rummaging through the CD it came with and found out I can upgrade it, but the instructions are confusing and are implying that I use XP instead of Win7. It's currently at 2.1, can it even be upgraded to 2.2? And if so, how do I do it?

newnick

Jan 23, 2011
Hi, I just got an Ematic E-Glide and I can barely find any support for it. I was rummaging through the CD it came with and found out I can upgrade it, but the instructions are confusing and are implying that I use XP instead of Win7. It's currently at 2.1, can it even be upgraded to 2.2? And if so, how do I do it?

As I remember, believe it did not say anything about window 7. Guess you can't expect much of support there... But you can still contact ematic to see if they can give you answer. I highly doubt that 2.2 will be pushed to this tablet. But again, you can ask ematic for answer, if they have any. You can also check with XDA for help...you may be able to do it yourself, of course, with the risk of bricking your tablet. Good luck.

Last edited:

paulwayne

Feb 20, 2011
Dear Android Tablets.net, I have a Ematoc E-Glide tablet that is wi-fi and 3G compatable. What kind of USB 3G Dongle do I need topurchase to work with this tablet? The ATT USB 3G dongle is not compatible with this tablet. Where can I purchase the 3G USB dongle and what specs should I be looking for? Where canI purchase a USB 3G dongle for this tablet?
Regards,
paulwayne

paulwayne

Feb 20, 2011
Dear Android Tablets.net, How do I post a question on your website? I have a Ematoc E-Glide tablet that is wi-fi and 3G compatable. What kind of USB 3G Dongle do I need topurchase to work with this tablet? The ATT USB 3G dongle is not compatible with this tablet. Where can I purchase the 3G USB dongle and what specs should I be looking for? Where can I purchase a USB 3G dongle for this tablet, make and model number? What specs should I be searching for? Also, I need to view .PDF files, I was told that I need to download from the Andriod app web site. Is this a free app or a fee based app? Will the 3g USB dongle work in non wi-fi areas?

I had a Coby MID 7015, but the screnn display was shaking and jittering all the time, I had to return it. I read many excellent reviews regarding the E-Glide tablet.

I'm new to the Andriod tablet user consumer, any help would be helpful

Regards,
paulwayne

paulwayne

Feb 20, 2011
Can someone help me to determine which USB 3G dongle to purchase for the E-Glide tablet? What brand, specs, or model number pf the USB 3G dongle should I purcahse? How do i setr up with the tablet?