External SD Card BB 104

blade111

Jan 14, 2011
I have noticed most of my apps will move to the EXT4 internal SD card that I made but there are a few that will not move. I will see internal SD card grayed out. Is there a way to force them or any app to move where and when I want, like to the external?​

blade111

Jan 14, 2011
There are apps that simply cannot be moved to the External storage (and have them work). What are the apps that you are trying to move?​

Mostly game apps. Here are a few that I'm talking about. Cupcake dash (for my 5 year old daughter), yahoo fantasy football 11, cbs pro football, slingplayer, words with friends, XDA, & amazon app store.

I have most of these apps moved on my phone (Evo) to the external.
Thanks

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
As Peter said, some apps cannot run from an SD card. If you read the description of the app, they usually tell you if it can reside on an SD or not. That doesn't help a lot if you really want the app though.:)

blade111

Jan 14, 2011
As Peter said, some apps cannot run from an SD card. If you read the description of the app, they usually tell you if it can reside on an SD or not. That doesn't help a lot if you really want the app though.:)

It really doesnt matter to much. I made my EXT4 external 1.5 gigs. I just wanted to know but you both answered my questions, thanks.