Extreme Kiwi Newbie Needs Help getting really frustrated LOL

bluejay74

Dec 26, 2010
Hi all

I am from Auckland New Zealand and got given an Haipad Mid701 Telechips TCC8902 Apad for Xmas and I can not for the life of me follow the pigeon english instructions in size 2 font in the user guide to flash from 2.1 to 2.2 firmware.

Love my toy and have through trial and error managed to find my way round it pretty well but the firmware upgrade is annoying me as I want flash so I can play certain games on it and view certain websites etc.

I have the 2G internal storage version of this with an 8G micro sd card.

My issues are as follows :
1. the instructions are in very sad pigeon english and dont make any sense to me (and I am not completely illiterate when it comes to a standard computer/laptop etc)
2. they refer to "the following website package" but there is no webiste address and only a couple of file names to ensure you include (Lk.rom and tcc8900_mtd.img)
3. instructions start download and extract the upgrade files ............ ummm from where and what are they called

Any help with basic english instructions to get me through flashing to 2.2 would be much appreciated or at least direct me to a forum that I can find what I need it without searching for hours and hours.

thanks all

tabsha

Dec 2, 2010
Hello:

i am from calgary Alberta canada withthe same problem that you are having! Have you been able to upgrade yours and if yes, can you please send me some help? Thanks!

[email protected]

Hi all

I am from Auckland New Zealand and got given an Haipad Mid701 Telechips TCC8902 Apad for Xmas and I can not for the life of me follow the pigeon english instructions in size 2 font in the user guide to flash from 2.1 to 2.2 firmware.

Love my toy and have through trial and error managed to find my way round it pretty well but the firmware upgrade is annoying me as I want flash so I can play certain games on it and view certain websites etc.

I have the 2G internal storage version of this with an 8G micro sd card.

My issues are as follows :
1. the instructions are in very sad pigeon english and dont make any sense to me (and I am not completely illiterate when it comes to a standard computer/laptop etc)
2. they refer to "the following website package" but there is no webiste address and only a couple of file names to ensure you include (Lk.rom and tcc8900_mtd.img)
3. instructions start download and extract the upgrade files ............ ummm from where and what are they called

Any help with basic english instructions to get me through flashing to 2.2 would be much appreciated or at least direct me to a forum that I can find what I need it without searching for hours and hours.

thanks all