Factory Reset Help?

KaoriKai

Oct 8, 2014
I Have A Polaroid Tablet PMID901 That I Got From My Dad A Few Months Back, Almost A Year Ago Now Actually. He Gave It To Me After Only Using It For 2 Weeks Because He Managed To Lock Himself Out Of It. He Somehow Accidently Set A Pattern Passcode And He Couldnt Figure Out How To Get Back Into It. So He Gave It To Me. I Cant Download The Fix It File For The Tab Because I Dont Have Windows 7...And When I Try Holding Down The Power And Volume Button...The Little Android Guy Pops Up But Not The Recovery Menu...Is There Anyway I Can Force The Recovery Menu To Come Up Or Am I Just S.O.L ?

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
I've got an old Polaroid with a reset button on the back. Any chance you've got one also?

KaoriKai

Oct 8, 2014
Factory reset: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-q/62022-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-tablet.html

If there are no instructions there specifically for your tablet, try some of the methods for other tablets. One of them will probably work and you won't hurt anything by trying as long as the tablet has a good charge or is plugged in during the reset.

thank you! i will try! but ive tried just about every button pushing combo i was able to find....and still only just the android guy pops up but no recovery menu..but i will try your link! thanks!

KaoriKai

Oct 8, 2014
Factory reset: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-q/62022-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-tablet.html

If there are no instructions there specifically for your tablet, try some of the methods for other tablets. One of them will probably work and you won't hurt anything by trying as long as the tablet has a good charge or is plugged in during the reset.

my tablet seems to be almost non-existant because i cant find my model anywhere and none of these other recovery attempts helped me...no matter what button combo i push and click i still only get just the android guy with no recovery menu option.....i give up....i think the only thing i can do at this point is to just throw the piece of junk away or try and get a hold of the company and see if i can do a trade in for a new device. thanks for trying to help though.