Factory reset on "superpad" i7 7"

nwfungi

Oct 28, 2011
Had it a couple days, not a bad pad for the $70 bucks. But the informhome app crashes now and I have no "home screen" only the icon bar on top. This thing only has a rocker button on top for home and power and one large round "back" button on front. Havnt found a way to do a factory reset. And the Manual (cough cough) says if it runs slow or not proper to do a factory reset. BUT it doesnt say how!
Superpad 745 Flytouch III 7 inch Google Android 2.2 Infotmic iMAPx210 1GHz Tablet PC

Boots fine, have android animation, lost the collor swirl animation, goes to the lock entry screen fine. Slide to unlock and all goes black except for top bar. ALSO it says SD card ok to remove. I never asked it to.
Thanks for any suggestions in advance :)

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Had it a couple days, not a bad pad for the $70 bucks. But the informhome app crashes now and I have no "home screen" only the icon bar on top. This thing only has a rocker button on top for home and power and one large round "back" button on front. Havnt found a way to do a factory reset. And the Manual (cough cough) says if it runs slow or not proper to do a factory reset. BUT it doesnt say how!
Superpad 745 Flytouch III 7 inch Google Android 2.2 Infotmic iMAPx210 1GHz Tablet PC

Boots fine, have android animation, lost the collor swirl animation, goes to the lock entry screen fine. Slide to unlock and all goes black except for top bar. ALSO it says SD card ok to remove. I never asked it to.
Thanks for any suggestions in advance :)

Welcome!

Join us in the Sylvania Tablets forum and hopefully some of the same approaches for a Factory Reset will work.

We're also interested in the Hardware ID "hwver" and firmware installed with the i7 version of the tablet.

We'd welcome your insight and already have a dedicated post to this tablet that can be found using the Search feature.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...et-pc-7-inch-infotmic.html?highlight=superpad

nwfungi

Oct 28, 2011
Havnt heard back from dealer in china yet, but I hooked up an external USB keyboard to it, hit F1 and up popped my settings manager. I turned wifi on and logged into the apps market from my PC and then installed Launcher pro. I told launcher to be default, robboted my device and I have my Tablet back! well 80% anywayz. The sd card (yes formated and tried several) auto dismounts and will not remount. Looks like angry birds no longer runs. But will get me by until We figure out how to do factory reset.

psohershey

Dec 19, 2011
I have the P752 model... I would try holding down Power + Home + volume up + Volume down + and the second Home button. It restored mine to factory settings. It also kept all of my downloads in the download folder but I had to redownload all the apps.

DrZach

Dec 30, 2011
Havnt heard back from dealer in china yet, but I hooked up an external USB keyboard to it, hit F1 and up popped my settings manager. I turned wifi on and logged into the apps market from my PC and then installed Launcher pro. I told launcher to be default, robboted my device and I have my Tablet back! well 80% anywayz. The sd card (yes formated and tried several) auto dismounts and will not remount. Looks like angry birds no longer runs. But will get me by until We figure out how to do factory reset.

Did you ever find out what the factory reset process is for the superPAD i7?

Msholverson

Jan 7, 2012
This thing is junk!! I bought it as a gift for my boyfriend and only had it for 10 days and it doesn't work!! How do you do a master reset?? The manual says it is possible but how??? It turns on says android and that is all it does!! Is there a battery to remove? I couldn't figure that out either!

Disgruntle! :mad:

nwfungi

Oct 28, 2011
I never found a factory reset but I did reflash with a new rom and is working perfectly (well mostly), Do a search for I7 and u will find the thread needed for update instructions.

sblake5

Mar 2, 2012
DrZach said:
Did you ever find out what the factory reset process is for the superPAD i7?
I have the same tablet. If the tablet is running, the reset is fairly simple but, admittidly, I kind of stumbled across it.:eek: To reset it, you go to - Settings' - 'Privacy' - 'Factory data reset' - and the just press 'Reset device'. I haven't yet found a way to do a 'hard reset'.

Last edited:

Tomski

Mar 21, 2012
I have the same tablet. If the tablet is running, the reset is fairly simple but, admittidly, I kind of stumbled across it.:eek: To reset it, you go to - Settings' - 'Privacy' - 'Factory data reset' - and the just press 'Reset device'. I haven't yet found a way to do a 'hard reset'.

I tried this several times and it never worked for me.