Flytouch 3 question

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
Hello Folks,

My Fly Touch 3 is on the way (hopefully) and i am really curious about the capabilities of this tablet. In the near future i would like to invest more money in a higher class tablet, but for first choice it looks fine and even i do not have any experience with tablets and android.
So, here we go, i have my first newbie question: the tablet will arrive with android 2.2. is there any way to upgrade it to 2.3 or maybe 3? or it is absolutely not makes any sense?
Also on many sites they are mixing the terms; internal GPS and GPS receiver. What i have seen on vids there is an external GPS with cord, but have never seen any info which could confirm the presence of the internal one. Maybe someone who has this device?

Thanks guys in advance.

GPS working. GPS receiver is a built-in function with its CPU. It came with an external GPS antenna instead of an internal one. It can be done to upgrade to 2.3. I have seen a HTC Eris with less powerful spec already got rooted and upgraded to 2.3. It took time for developers to do it. As to 3, again possible but not in the near future.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
I seem to get satelite signal without external aerial plugged in, though very low signal. I believe they are working on boosting GPS in custom rom on apad tv forum. Same dev also mentions he will have a go at 2.3, so keep eyes out. Flash support is the biggest dissapointment so far, its not very good. But i'm not the biggest youtube fan anyway, so no biggie. Otherwise I am extremely happy with the tablet for the price.

Frisky

Apr 1, 2011
Hello
So I would like to purchase a Flytouch 3. Where is the best place to purchase it? I don't want a FT2. I was looking on ebay lots of FT3 out there but if you look at them they have 2 TF or SD card slots when it should only have 1. Wrong picture or passing a Ft2 as a Ft3...
Thanks in advance for you feedback
Don

Sent from my HTC HD2 Android 2.3 using Android Tablet Forum

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
Hello
So I would like to purchase a Flytouch 3. Where is the best place to purchase it? I don't want a FT2. I was looking on ebay lots of FT3 out there but if you look at them they have 2 TF or SD card slots when it should only have 1. Wrong picture or passing a Ft2 as a Ft3...
Thanks in advance for you feedback
Don

Sent from my HTC HD2 Android 2.3 using Android Tablet Forum

I purchased both my Android tablets from this site.

Fly Touch 3: Android 2.2 Tablet, 10.2, Flash 10.1, 1GHz CPU, Wifi, G-sensor, HDMI Output, Camera, 512M DDR2 RAM

It took 5 business days to reach California.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
I purchased both my Android tablets from this site.

Fly Touch 3: Android 2.2 Tablet, 10.2, Flash 10.1, 1GHz CPU, Wifi, G-sensor, HDMI Output, Camera, 512M DDR2 RAM

It took 5 business days to reach California.

That is actually pretty good. Mine took about 10 days, once they had it in stock. The link you gave though says the minimum is one unit which is three pads, does ankaka still sale them individually?

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
I think so. I purchased both Android tablets there in two separate time. I just checked the site again. You read it incorrectly. It read "start from: one unit" Confusing English. I guess.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Silly Chinese, wish they would use a better English translator. Thanks for the clarification. :D

Sent from my Huawei Ascend M860 using Android Tablet Forum App

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
I think so. I purchased both Android tablets there in two separate time. I just checked the site again. You read it incorrectly. It read "start from: one unit" Confusing English. I guess.
Hey maildrop, can I post your link and info on thread:
WHERE TO BUY SUPERPAD 2 : User experiences and feedback
dwcunplugged: are you buying a unit from here also? The price is very good depending on the shipping costs. Let me know your experience if you do.

Cheers

Last edited:

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
I will probably end up buying another tablet but am not sure I want or need two SuperPad II tablets. I will probably try for a good seven inch with a similar set up to test things on though. If I find anything good I will let you know.

Sent from my Huawei Ascend M860 using Android Tablet Forum App

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
I will probably end up buying another tablet but am not sure I want or need two SuperPad II tablets. I will probably try for a good seven inch with a similar set up to test things on though. If I find anything good I will let you know.

I have heard rumor the 8inch apad (Arm 8 processor?) has no issues with flash..
I have not done any further investigation into what other tablets are out there, so cant offer much advice sorry.

djinfrared

May 3, 2011
maybe u have calibrated it wrong all i can say is to do a master reset by holding menu+home+power while the unit is OFF this will factory reset it and it shud go bk to normal but be warned u will loose all ur stuff

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
I don't think that the FT has an internal Gps. Proof being that I have left mine outside on a clear day for an hour with google navigator running and it did not work.

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
Again gps working on ft3. Ft3 do come with a built-in gps receiver. It just relied on an external antenna instead of an internal antenna to work. FT2 has the same CPU but not enough RAM memory to run it. It may be the case.

FROM FLY TOUCH 3