Flytouch2 all browsers crash on page load

rfc4711

Jan 22, 2011
Hi,

I have the flytouch2 and initial firmware was deb-r2.1.1561, the pad works reasonable well except for browsing internet. On loading of pages any browser crashes and returns to home (built-in, skyfire, dolphin,...). With the upgrade to deb-r2.1.1568 the issue remains. (cnn.com , nytimes.com, etrade.com, naver.com, daum.net,...)

I've tried wiping to factory, upgrading firmware, wiping cache partition and nothing helped so far.

The only page I can successfully load is google search, has anyone similar experience with this tablet? Can it be defective?

Thanks,
Sascha

rfc4711

Jan 22, 2011
Hi there,

Can some of you please reply with web-pages they can visit, for me to try out as well?
This would greatly help narrow down my problem.

Thanks,
Sascha

cruxader

Oct 15, 2010
Sounds really funny.
I have 2 FT2 runnign 1561 & 1568 respectively and they both run fine with either the built-in or Dolphin HD browser.
I only have Skyfire 3.0 on the 1561 and it works fine.

One site I used to check (for a friend) is BBC - Homepage where we try to check whether the videos will play correctly. (Skyfire 3.0 did).

Most other sites, I go through Google and cannot remember them off hand.
Because of incomplete Flash support, intensive web work/browsing is not my preferred tablet activity.
A lot of websites do not work properly (though they do not crash!)
Most of the news site, I access via free apps from the market - like CNN, UK/US Newspapers, etc...

In Singapore. I use Channel News Asia App which also gives me the video properly.

Your problem is the first I have heard of its kind.

I would suggest you repeat your ROM flashes a few more times (Have been known to work).
The last thing I can think of is you may have a defective hardware (most likely RAM).

Hi,

I have the flytouch2 and initial firmware was deb-r2.1.1561, the pad works reasonable well except for browsing internet. On loading of pages any browser crashes and returns to home (built-in, skyfire, dolphin,...). With the upgrade to deb-r2.1.1568 the issue remains. (cnn.com , nytimes.com, etrade.com, naver.com, daum.net,...)

I've tried wiping to factory, upgrading firmware, wiping cache partition and nothing helped so far.

The only page I can successfully load is google search, has anyone similar experience with this tablet? Can it be defective?

Thanks,
Sascha

Silverwizard

Dec 24, 2010
Hi rfc,

I had the problem of Dolphin hd browser crashing after the update,
I re-installed Dolphin from a file backup app after the update & found
I had this problem,I uninstalled & re-installed via apps market & all
is now O.K.
Hope this helps/works for you.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

rfc4711

Jan 22, 2011
Hi All,

Thanks for all your reply's. It seems defective hardware at this point since I tried to reflash between 1561 and 1568 a few times and re-installed all apps every time. Still no joy of surfing the net... only google search works.

Thanks,
Sascha

rfc4711

Jan 22, 2011
Hi All,

I found out the issue on my tablet. It's the setup I have at home, I use a linux firewall to redirect transparently all port 80 traffic to squid for transparent proxying. For some reason the proxy responds with a direct message late (my guess are ads on the sites) causing any browser on the tablet to crash. When redirection is turned off the tablet works just fine.

The squid version is 2.x so it's quite old, I planned re-installing with newer software soon, lets see if the issue goes away - or when 2.2 comes out for the flytouch...

Best regards,
Sascha

swancity

Mar 4, 2011
Hi All

Have same problem lately with my flytouch2, can't browse pass google, any website i go just disappeared, wifi signal is good and on, only market and facebook are accessible, even then market sometimes crashed. any solution?is it the firewall on home computer? router? I used my cellphone wifi and it's fine so I think it's not home wireless issue?