Free setcpu alternative?

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
Thanks. That version never shows up in my market so I didn't know there was a free one. I just downloaded the apk. though and will transfer to sd card.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Really? I already paid for my version. Any benefit to the paid vs free?

this post brought to you by AndroidTablets.net app

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
There is also an overclock widget from freecoder that works well, but last I saw it didn't have the profiles setting that SetCPU does. I am a huge fan of SetCPU (I bought it, didn't I!), but it's never worked right on my Droid...the widget force closes about every 2-3 days. Same things happens on the Nook. :(

-Matt

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
So how does one install that once it is downloaded? I'm a complete newbie when it comes to installing stuff on the Nook outside of the market..

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
So how does one install that once it is downloaded? I'm a complete newbie when it comes to installing stuff on the Nook outside of the market..

You need to have a file manager like Astro File Manager from the market. Then navigate to the apk file>click on it>then select open App Manager then install. Make sure in Nook Color Tools you have "Allow Non Market Apps" selected

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
I get:

"Installation of download apks is not supported"

and yes, "allow non market apps" is checked.

Thoughts?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I get:

"Installation of download apks is not supported"

and yes, "allow non market apps" is checked.

Thoughts?

In Nook Color Tools, uncheck and recheck allow now market apps a couple times then reboot and try installing apk again

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Yeap, but the images must be hosted on photobucket.. I can't see them here at work. =(

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
See if theses images come through

*edit: 800mhz is for standard kernel, of course other kernels let you clock higher.

$94791d45.png$767fdbed.png$0729b235.png

Last edited: