freescale tablet: no battery mode!

Jan Harm

Dec 22, 2010
Hi you all,
Bought a 8 Inch Android 2.2 OS Tablet with Freescale iMX515 Cortex A8 Chip, 512M RAM, support Flash Player 10 from Euogo. Fully charged, but if taken off the charger, it goes dead. No way to revive except by charging it again. A really good device, except it isn't mobile... I might be doing something wrong, as I am a newbie, but I honestly don't know what. Anyone suggestions? Hardware or sofware malfunction or simply newbie problem? By the way, I tried every button on the device for at least 10 seconds, but without the charger it stays dead.
Thanks a million for any helpfull answer!
Jan Harm

Jan Harm

Dec 22, 2010
looks like it's not charching (though it says so in the starting menu...). Anything wrong with the charger? The battery? The connection between charger and battery?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Honestly, I think it is time to call the vendor and ask for an exchange. This is a recurring problem with almost all the tablets. I am not sure whether it is just a QA thing. (But I think it is) If you search the forum, You will see this as a problem on multiple tablets. The worst part is my primary complaint about most tablets. The BATTERIES SHOULD BE USER CHANGABLE. Sorry just venting.

But that is my advice.