Galaxy Tab Video Chat and Netflix

eric859

Nov 10, 2010
Got my T-mobile Tab today and I love it. Coolest thing I've ever bought.

Does anyone know how to video chat using something other than qik? qik only seems to work phone to phone. I'd rather use yahoo video chat or something that works pc to phone/tab. Skype works but doesn't support video. Yahoo video works on my galaxy tab for voice and seeing the person on the other end, but it uses the main camera on the back of the Tab to send video from my end and I can't figure out how to get it to use the front facing camera.

Also, is there a netflix movie player for android? I read that Netflix hasn't put one out, but I've also heard talk about a non-supported option. I don't want a slingbox or pc remote control workaround. I'm talking about a real direct Netflix player running on my Tab.

Thanks!

eric859

Nov 10, 2010
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Tango works on a pc. I'm really looking to do a pc -> galaxy tab video chat. Thanks though

ayman07

Aug 3, 2010
the only real option for pc/mac to tab is through yahoo messenger. not happy about it. there is another app called movichat but i dont recommend it. we will just have to wait till yahoo messenger fully supports the tab.

eric859

Nov 10, 2010
the only real option for pc/mac to tab is through yahoo messenger. not happy about it. there is another app called movichat but i dont recommend it. we will just have to wait till yahoo messenger fully supports the tab.

Fring is supposed to work, but they found a bug in 2-way communication and say they r working on it. When I do a test fring call I notice that it uses the rear camera as well. There should be a way on the Tab for us to manually switch between the front and rear camera when using any video software: wether it's video chat or video recording software. It shouldn't be a software requirement in my opinion. That would solve the yahoo issue.

ayman07

Aug 3, 2010
There is an app called ClearSea and its suppose to offer two way video calling from mac/pc to our tab. I'm going to try it tonight. The problem is, when you register for a demo account it literally took two days to get an email back.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

ayman07

Aug 3, 2010
Just got my tab as well. Did that clear sea work?

Yes clear sea works just fine. Audio could be better but I use it all the time. They will improve it. Fring won't support msn or yahoo. I don't think the companies will allow it. Tango doesn't have a pc/mac version so that's out of the question.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
There is an app called ClearSea and its suppose to offer two way video calling from mac/pc to our tab. I'm going to try it tonight. The problem is, when you register for a demo account it literally took two days to get an email back.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

after reading your post on the other thread i went and signed up for clearsea and had an invite within an hour so they might be getting quicker on sending out there invites. And at the OP there is no netflix app yet but there will be soon so just keep your eyes and ears open.

Aug 3, 2012
Got my T-mobile Tab today and I love it. Coolest thing I've ever bought.

Does anyone know how to video chat using something other than qik? qik only seems to work phone to phone. I'd rather use yahoo video chat or something that works pc to phone/tab. Skype works but doesn't support video. Yahoo video works on my galaxy tab for voice and seeing the person on the other end, but it uses the main camera on the back of the Tab to send video from my end and I can't figure out how to get it to use the front facing camera.

Also, is there a netflix movie player for android? I read that Netflix hasn't put one out, but I've also heard talk about a non-supported option. I don't want a slingbox or pc remote control workaround. I'm talking about a real direct Netflix player running on my Tab.

Thanks!

hey Dude i dnt have and answer to ur quest but can u pls help me . Pls advise which tab r u using
iam using galaxy tab 2 GT-P3100 i have downloaded d yahoo app frm play store trying to install the video
plug in but getting an error " ur device is not compatible" .

Can u pls help. pls mail on [email protected]