GENTOUCH 78 g-sensor

splintercraig

Aug 20, 2010
This question has not been asked. Does the “TheBook” G-Sensor and Adobe DRM Update located here- Updates activate G-Sensor for orientation and games? Need to know in, 30mins i might be on my way to pick this up depending on the answer.

cpg716

Jul 23, 2010
This question has not been asked. Does the “TheBook” G-Sensor and Adobe DRM Update located here- Updates activate G-Sensor for orientation and games? Need to know in, 30mins i might be on my way to pick this up depending on the answer.

Um.. The question hasn't been asked, because you arent making sense... TheBook is not the Gentouch78, its a different Augen device.. so, its not for fixing any issues on the Gentouch78.

CPG

cpg716

Jul 23, 2010
There has been a tear down of the Augen Gentouch 78, and no g sensor was found.

Um, this is not totally correct. If you run system info apps: TCC 92XX 3-axis 3.0mA accelerometer is listed, this could be part of the chipset/board.

CPG

sifon187

Aug 22, 2010
Yea I remeber seeing that, but it has never been mentioned by the Gentouch Spec's. But of course there is alot that the GT can do, that has not been activated yet. Plus, sometimes I just ramble on aimlessly.

Last edited:

cutterjohn

Aug 23, 2010
...but OTOH the Dawa page on the D7 mentions no accelerometer in the specs, and the Smartbook Surfer doesn't have one either. The Surfer is pretty much the GT w/HDMI, cam, and another USB port...

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
They have different MOBO though. Still it does rotate by Kindle and the other e-reader apps, some software app and game app. That's okay for me.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
You ca use LauncherPro as your Home app and install RotateD then will allow you to rotate between portrait and landscape as you like from the home screens.. RotateD creates apps in your drawer "Rotate P" and "Rotate L", use these to switch orientation, assign them to your home screens or one of the dock bar locations in launcher pro, I've tried to use RotateD in the factory Home.. I can only get it to work with Launcher pro... i have the app Control Bar enabled to have the rotateP and rotateL options that RotateD enables dropped to the notification bar so i can rotate within apps as i like.... kind of a work a round if you don't want to be app dependent for screen orientation...