Gingerbread to my Ideos S7 development

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
I manage to boot CM7 a 2.3.3 version with a kernel vmslipt 3g made by razor950 (thanks to him for providing it)
i dont have much time now i hope you guys move this foward for me and all of us s7 users ;)

alpha zip here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1UNW4W0S
i take no responsability for using it of course
do a backup

Last edited:

rkarsk

May 17, 2011
Registered just to say this...

I would just like to thank Rictec and Balcora for all your efforts so far.

Thank you, please keep trying :)

Pataro

May 22, 2011
Please, for a dummy can anyone write a step by step to change from froyo to gingerbrad?
it looks like change from eclair to froyo was easier to me.
Anyway congratulations for the job, well done!!!!!

Feb 8, 2011
to be honest its not worth it yet. there is still alot to work on but they are making progress. anyway if you really want to knwo.. download file, install cwm on you s7(look on google for advice) than put file on root of sd, got to install zip from sd, and go to choose zip and then pick the file and install, hope that helps and thank you guys for your great efforts!

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
Just came accross this - how usable and stable is it on the s7. Soz if I've missed something in previous posts

to be honest its not worth it yet. there is still alot to work on but they are making progress. anyway if you really want to knwo.. download file, install cwm on you s7(look on google for advice) than put file on root of sd, got to install zip from sd, and go to choose zip and then pick the file and install, hope that helps and thank you guys for your great efforts!

Best answered on previous page to this ^_^

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
time is my major problem
its very hard for me now to read this as i dont have enouth time i changed jobs
dont know what razor and the rest of the people are doing also
as soon as i can i will be back here for sure

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
What works and what doesn't works?
usb broken, phone broke, wifi broken, bluetooth broken, graphic glitches, etc etc, basically not usable. only for proof of concept, i havent talked to anybody that has gotten this booted in a while it seems like development has stopped on this for now, hopefully i can get this back on track if i can find a few people, i have a 32 bit system and it needs a 64 bit system to compile on... so that leaves me behind until i am able to buy a new computer... anybody have any development knowledge?

Note: i've gotten several other builds to boot using this to port from, but all the same things are broken, we have a vendor config for it so you can build from Cyanogenmod Source specifically for the S7, but it needs cleaned up and debugged, i do not have the knowledge to do this, but that doesn't mean i don't want to learn, just need a few people on board that are more advanced than me (which i am not)

Last edited:

XpiderMX

Jul 22, 2011
usb broken, phone broke, wifi broken, bluetooth broken, graphic glitches, etc etc, basically not usable. only for proof of concept, i havent talked to anybody that has gotten this booted in a while it seems like development has stopped on this for now, hopefully i can get this back on track if i can find a few people, i have a 32 bit system and it needs a 64 bit system to compile on... so that leaves me behind until i am able to buy a new computer... anybody have any development knowledge?

Note: i've gotten several other builds to boot using this to port from, but all the same things are broken, we have a vendor config for it so you can build from Cyanogenmod Source specifically for the S7, but it needs cleaned up and debugged, i do not have the knowledge to do this, but that doesn't mean i don't want to learn, just need a few people on board that are more advanced than me (which i am not)

Well, my development experience is about Windows development, mainly c/cpp and vb, not Linux. What is the differences between Froyo and Gingerbread? I mean, kernel? system? all? where is the "wrong" part?

where is located the wifi, bt or 3g info? on kernel? may be froyo kernel code can have some info...

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
Well, my development experience is about Windows development, mainly c/cpp and vb, not Linux. What is the differences between Froyo and Gingerbread? I mean, kernel? system? all? where is the "wrong" part?

where is located the wifi, bt or 3g info? on kernel? may be froyo kernel code can have some info...

the main difference between froyo and gingerbread is that Froyo is android 2.2.2 and Gingerbread is 2.3.5, we have the kernel source for froyo and they've hacked it up to boot CM7 (vmsplit 3g) and whatever other modifications they've done to the kernel. so it's still running a froyo kernel on a gingerbread rom.

the wifi, bt or 3g i'm not sure where they are, i believe it's in the cyanogenmod source and a bit in the kernel, we have to get the code to play nicely with our device because as we know the Ideos S7 is not supported by team douche and we are only officially updated to froyo.

XpiderMX

Jul 22, 2011
the main difference between froyo and gingerbread is that Froyo is android 2.2.2 and Gingerbread is 2.3.5, we have the kernel source for froyo and they've hacked it up to boot CM7 (vmsplit 3g) and whatever other modifications they've done to the kernel. so it's still running a froyo kernel on a gingerbread rom.

Ok, I think Android works like linux, I think new kernel add new functions... what about kernel source for gingerbread? I'm reading about source code available since 2010... Do you need 64bit for compiling?

the wifi, bt or 3g i'm not sure where they are, i believe it's in the cyanogenmod source and a bit in the kernel, we have to get the code to play nicely with our device because as we know the Ideos S7 is not supported by team douche and we are only officially updated to froyo.

Well... If I can help with anything, count me in ;) I want at least Gingerbread on my S7 and Huawei is taking a lot of time with new releases...

EDIT: What about other QSD8250 based phones/tablets?

Last edited: