Gingerbread to my Ideos S7 development

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
yes you need 64bit for compiling gingerbread, and the nexus one has the exact same hardware as our tablets so that would be the best place to start looking, http://github.com/androidtablets has the source codes pulled already, for kernel as well as cyanogenmod

i'm not sure if the bootable vmsplit 3g kernel is there or if its the unmodified kernel.

XpiderMX

Jul 22, 2011
yes you need 64bit for compiling gingerbread, and the nexus one has the exact same hardware as our tablets so that would be the best place to start looking, http://github.com/androidtablets has the source codes pulled already, for kernel as well as cyanogenmodi'm not sure if the bootable vmsplit 3g kernel is there or if its the unmodified kernel.
I'll try to get a 64bit pc, and I will compile kernel. I will need some help for understand linux code.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I read there's a couple of patches that allow you to build GB on 32-bit systems. Probably works just fine, even though I haven't tried it myself. You might not need a new system...

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
I read there's a couple of patches that allow you to build GB on 32-bit systems. Probably works just fine, even though I haven't tried it myself. You might not need a new system...

thanks xaueious, i'll look into it, thanks for the tip

Jota

May 25, 2011
I'll try to get a 64bit pc, and I will compile kernel. I will need some help for understand linux code.

Although I'm also new to Android, I have some Linux knowledge, so maybe I can help a little... ;)

If Android follow the Linux way - and I suspect not, all the hardware is recognized/activated by the kernel, so if the Nexus One has _exactly_ the sane hardware, then its kernel should also work with our S7 without modifications?

If so, one could extract the kernel from the Nexus One 2.3 rom, and put it on the boot image of the S7?

XpiderMX

Jul 22, 2011
Although I'm also new to Android, I have some Linux knowledge, so maybe I can help a little... ;)

If Android follow the Linux way - and I suspect not, all the hardware is recognized/activated by the kernel, so if the Nexus One has _exactly_ the sane hardware, then its kernel should also work with our S7 without modifications?

If so, one could extract the kernel from the Nexus One 2.3 rom, and put it on the boot image of the S7?

I'm reading that we need the "vendor file", I don´t know what is it or where can we get it from 2.2.2...

XpiderMX

Jul 22, 2011
I'm reading that we need the "vendor file", I don´t know what is it or where can we get it from 2.2.2...

On this post:
[HOW-TO] Compile AOSP Gingerbread + [ROM] Master AOSP - xda-developers

Originally Posted by Atlas.rouge Stupid question, but...will this work on other devices? I'm trying to get into modding and was directed here by overground (from the DInc forums), and see that this is for the N1...which is fine, except that I don't have an N1. If I need to get one, then I'll do that, but I'm just wondering if I just have to make a few modifications here to make this process work for the DInc.

Thanks!
It should work, as long you have the correct vendor files for the Incredible
smile.gif

When you say "vendor files", you mean market files, right? Sorry, new to this, I'm going to have a lot of questions initially I'm sure... lol.

No, what I mean is the proprietary files on your phone. I'm pretty sure you get a list of the files from Cyanogen's github
wink.gif
try to download his incredible folder inside vendor.

XpiderMX

Jul 22, 2011
I've read the posts, but still confused what exactly are the "vendor files"?
To me it seems they are the drivers needed for the wi-fi, gps, sensors, etc...?
These drivers should be compiled when compiling the kernel.
That is as far I could go! :confused:

May be, this guide is for Nexus One, and N1 have the same hardware than S7...

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
Vendor files are drivers made by the hardware manufacturer and most are protected or not open-sourced
those are the most difficult files get working ..no source code

Rictec

Pataro

May 22, 2011
And what do you think, will you get them?

Enviado desde mi IDEOS S7 usando Android Tablet Forum

vexx

Sep 19, 2011
I was thinking about developing ROM based on SE X10- S7 and X10 have same SoC so it should work. Any volunteers to help?