Gingerbread version 2.3.3 Battery drained out issue

ferraritm

Oct 17, 2011
Hi all,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 GT-P1000, which previously running on Android Froyo version 2.2.

However, lately I sent it for firmware upgrading to version 2.3.3 Gingerbread. I realized that the 4000mAH battery does not last as long as before. Before using Froyo, I did not encounter this problem, until after the upgrading.

I have done several research on the web and tried like setting wifi policy mode to never, installed several apps but still the same problem. I even called Samsung to enquire in this issue, what they replied was to ask me to bring it down to their service centre to check and monitor, which no temp replace set will be issued, as I need my tablet all the whole day long hours of work and not convenient to bring along the charger.

Some of my friends using other model but also upgraded to Gingerbread, some have the same issue as mine, but some claimed working fine, and even better than Froyo, they suspect I have installed too many apps that cause the problem, and advise me to do a factory reset and look for only 1 or 2 better battery and system optimisation apps install and monitor.

I intend to do a factory reset, but before that, I need advise on any better battery and system optimisation apps that any expertize out there can provide me?

Please kindly help me with all your expert assistant and also what points should be taken note for battery to last and run longer daily.

Many thanks.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Android Tablet Forum

shaprpuff

Dec 20, 2011
Hi i am using galaxy S it also have bad battery timing gingerbread 2.3.3 is the worst andriod ever made it really sucks battery wther u have not installed any app or lots of app my phone battery drains same as yours i realy hate samsung for this coz if the see 70% OF their buyers having the same problem and they have not fixed it yet the battery problem is with andriod and they can't solve it i wasted my money on samsung i never ever buy samsung again in my entire life and neither i recommend any one to buy this sorry for your loss but it will not recover only u can do is to downgrade it to2.2 froyo thats only option but froyo is also not as good as ios so bear with us now u r also in those 70% who lost their money in the name of smart devices of samsung.

Mar 29, 2012
I am having the same issue with my P1000. It started same day when I upgraded the os from froyo to gingerbread.

Does anyone have a fix for this already? I dunno of i should have the batt replaced. 'Cause I'm thinking if this is a software issue, replacing battery will not solve the problem and ill just waste more money for the batt replacement and service fee.