Gmail contacts

billquinn1

Dec 16, 2010
Has any one thought of a way to get your contacts syncing on a Coby tab. I installed the other Google apps with market and all but you don't get a dialer. I installed one I had from a phone rom but as you could guess it just force closes. If anyone finds one that will sync contacts that would be valuable.

Bill

javier2

May 2, 2011
I know that the app BITZER GOOGLE obtains contacts list from gmail when you are to compose a new mail. This app is free but I could not download it from the market, if anybody can put a link to download the .apk would be great.

vanjhelion

Mar 21, 2011
Has any one thought of a way to get your contacts syncing on a Coby tab. I installed the other Google apps with market and all but you don't get a dialer. I installed one I had from a phone rom but as you could guess it just force closes. If anyone finds one that will sync contacts that would be v

Bill

use some custom roms,its working there.

Sent from my 7015/7015A HONEYCOMB V12.0-B18 ACADEV using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

kentybishop

Mar 4, 2012
you need to download contacts_2.2.apk google and you will find..
install and when setting up the excahnge server use the following key information... I got this and it works

I'm so sorry for taking so long to reply. I'm deploying on Tuesday so I've been unwantingly busy. This afternoon I took the time to sit down and, ironically enough, Google the hell out of Google for their bloody support number. Sure enough, they don't like to advertise it (went to a good 200 pages in their support section before I finally found it). Then they put me on hold 3 or 4 times while I was tranferred to the Android department, the Applications department, the Accounts department, and finally the "general" helpdesk.

--- 3 hrs. later ---

They e-mailed me a link to a support page: Setup Instructions : Google Sync - Google Mobile Help

What do you know, it actually worked.

Simply put, if you ever get the issue in Accounts & Sync for a gMail account where it prompts you for the Domain\Username, Password, and Server, here's what you enter:
Domain\Username: \(user)@gmail.com
Password: (password)
Server: m.google.com

Notice how Google is underlined, it's because it's NOT gmail.com, android.com, googlemail.com, and any other Google owned domain like I had tried via other help pages.

I hope this helps others not to feel as stupid as I do now that I realize how close I was to the answer and how obvious it should have been.

parham

Apr 3, 2013
I cant understand But download google play services from bazar store or any other apk stre can sync your accounts with other progrom on your coby