Google Android aPad keyboard help

kayrokk

Oct 5, 2010
I had to restore my tablet to factory settings because an app I dled made everything force-close. (I can't remember which app either.)

Once I did, I re-started it once it was charged up and did almost exactly what I did the first time. I set English as the language (since it was purchased from China and everything wasin chinese) and set the time, date, and time zone, etc.

After I set up the WiFi, I typed in on the "Search" bar to onviously do a web search, and the characters were in chinese. I thought, well, maybe it'll correct itself? But when I pushed enter, Chinese sites came up.
And no matter what it is, the characters are always in chinese, though the letters on the keyboard are English letters.

What the crap do I do?!

$Moonse_E-7001_7_Google_Android_1_5_Tablet_MID_Slate_Device_a_k_a__aPad_E700.jpg
Image link is

http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/61982..._Tablet_MID_Slate_Device_a_k_a__aPad_E700.jpg

harryh

Oct 6, 2010
Hey, have you tried going into settings > Locale & Text > Select Locale > English (United States ) ? :)

kayrokk

Oct 5, 2010
Hey, have you tried going into settings > Locale & Text > Select Locale > English (United States ) ? :)

I did, and just to make sure I did, I just now did it again, and it's still in Chinese.

kayrokk

Oct 5, 2010
Is that all I can do? Am I doomed to never being able to use my tablet, or am I to learn Chinese??

DarthScynn

Dec 27, 2010
Eureka! I've got it! Someone else gave it to me... but still...

Long touch on a text imput field and it says "input method" choose Android keyboard rather than... whatever the other is... :)

Thread was posted a few months ago... hope you are still watching it... or at least figured it out on your own. lol

jeyaayyanar

Feb 8, 2011
This turned out to be a very easy fix. Find any text box that would normally allow for the Android Keyboard to popup. Then press and hold on the box until a menu pops up. Then choose “Input Method”, and then set it to “Android Keyboard”.