Google Voice and Skype Working on Tab

MaxTcee

Oct 13, 2010
just download it right off this site on to your tab and it should be in your sdcard/download folder install from there

MaxTcee

Oct 13, 2010
to activate blue tooth on tmoble i beleive you need to flash a euro rom

tumbler1

Mar 7, 2011
Thanks MaxTcee, I got it and installed it. I also setup all skype account as you indicated, a online phone # plus a calling plan. I went through google voice setup except couldn't find the forwarding all calls section. How do you place a call? when I try to call anyone from skype's contact list (I added some phone # contacts) I always get the note saying "Cannot make or take calls from Galaxy tablet". I will appreciate if you will shade some more light for me to make this to work since I aready spend all $$ with skype. Thanks

Last edited:

tumbler1

Mar 7, 2011
holy crap, I got it to work, FLAWLESSLY!!!! Max you're THE Man! Thanks for the info!!!
Hi, Sstevens,
Would you share how did you make it to work? I think I finally got everything setup accordingly but when I try to call from skype app, I keep getting "cannot make or take a call from galaxy tab." Thank you in advance.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

booda3000

Feb 22, 2011
Cispsimple + callcentric + IPKall + google Voice + Google Voice Callback app = Unlimited Free Calling and texting.

King Conn

Apr 4, 2011
I have a Verizon Galaxy Tab working on wifi only. Will this work for me, or do I sign up with Verizon again. Also does it work with Verizon month to month plan ?

dadown

Jul 31, 2010
I have Verison Galaxy Tab, using 3G and Wi-Fi. I was disappointed that Google Talk & Voice on Android doesn't provide the same features that it does on a PC where I can chat, voice chat, video chat and place and receive phone calls. However, after a lot of experimenting, I've pieced together several apps to get much of the functionality.

Google Talk works fine for chatting (IM)
Skype provides voice chat to users with Skype for free.
NetTalk (Market) provides free calling to US & Canada phones (works on Verison 3G too).
CSipSimple provides a free soft phone for VOIP that works with many sip providers.
sipgate.com provides a free (415) phone number and free incoming calls (outgoing calls cost) for VOIP.
Google Voice can be linked to the sipgate phone number to provide a local number to call.

I can now place and receive phone calls for free on my tablet. I haven't experimented with video calls yet.

MaxTcee

Oct 13, 2010
I have Verison Galaxy Tab, using 3G and Wi-Fi. I was disappointed that Google Talk & Voice on Android doesn't provide the same features that it does on a PC where I can chat, voice chat, video chat and place and receive phone calls. However, after a lot of experimenting, I've pieced together several apps to get much of the functionality.

Google Talk works fine for chatting (IM)
Skype provides voice chat to users with Skype for free.
NetTalk (Market) provides free calling to US & Canada phones (works on Verison 3G too).
CSipSimple provides a free soft phone for VOIP that works with many sip providers.
sipgate.com provides a free (415) phone number and free incoming calls (outgoing calls cost) for VOIP.
Google Voice can be linked to the sipgate phone number to provide a local number to call.

I can now place and receive phone calls for free on my tablet. I haven't experimented with video calls yet.
very nice work
as you all know i wrote this write up many months ago when the tab was fairly new
we now have multiple various ways of getting free calls ,text ,video chat ect.
do some research and im sure youll find pleanty
side note oovoo works great on the tab for video chat
text free works great for text and now mms

PensivePundIT

Mar 24, 2011
This is great. Thx.

Any limits on using Bluetooth headsets for viop calls?

Also. Anything as slick as Talkatone for the iPod Touch for Android?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Android Tablet Forum

asajosh

Apr 23, 2011
Here is a quick how to get Skype and Google Voice working on the Tab... This gives unlimited calling out and receiving calls via Skype VOIP..

I have been using it for a day now and it works great via wifi and 3G...

So here is what I did... I now have a working VOIP phone service via my T-Mobile Tab..

-- Get the hacked Skype App (allows 3G calling) MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
-- Get Google Voice from Market
-- Go to skype.com and setup an account
-- Order a Skype Internet Number (it's $30 for a year right now -- normally $60)
-- Add a Skype calling plan ( I went with $2.99 a month for unlimited calling)
-- Set Skype to display your Google Voice Number (Caller ID Settings)
-- Set Google Voice to forward all calls to your Skype number
-- Go into Google Voice App and set it up to use your Skype number for voicemail notifications.

It works and it works pretty darn well...

Pros:

--Incoming and outgoing voice capabilities
--Unlimited calling in the US and Canada for $2.99 a month
--With 3G data plan you always have phone functions to dial out and receive....

Cons:

--You will have 2 numbers. The one that came on your Tab that is used for SMS/MMS and a number for phone usage. No worries for me though as I give out the Google Voice number as my home number anyway...

--Price for this to work per year amounts to $66 ($30 for the Skype number and $36 for the unlimited plan) Not really a con if you consider this is the total cost for a year of unlimited cell (VOIP) calls from you Tab

Here is how it works...

When someone calls your Google Voice number it forwards it to the Skype number and the Tab rings...

When you call someone it displays your Google Voice number...

COOL....

Has anyone tried this with Sprint service?
If it works for Verizon I'm thinking it should also work for Sprint (both CDMA).
Thanks!

rogergrand

Apr 4, 2014
Skype and Google voice are good social interaction software's. But businesses prefer better security and guaranteed attendance: hence most of them use RHUB`s web conferencing servers. It provides maximum customization with total security.