Graphics skins for Archos line...

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Did a search on amazon for a skin for my 101 and came up with some fair results.. here is the search link for "Archos skins" on amazon... I got better results for my specific model when i did a search for "archos 101 skin"... so you may wanna try one for your model too.. hope this helps... :)

Amazon.com: archos skins

Last edited:

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I use the Skinomi Carbon Fibre skin. I know it may be psychological, but the case feels stiffer now. But it is much easier to hold firmly. I think any skin might do the same though.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
---> gurgle....... how reflective is the sreen protector that comes with the skinomi? and do you have to install the skin/procector with a liquid solution as you do with zagg products... i've always been sorta queezy about spraying down an electronic device to install a screen protector... i would drop a brick in my britches if i had to spray down the ENTIRE device...lol

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
It comes with a bottle to clean the screen as well as a squeegee. You apply the skin for everywhere else, Dry. You wipe the non-screen surface down with the included cloth. It then applies. I would suggest taking plenty of time. You do have some time for positioning, but not a lot. Follow the instructions, and it goes fine. I used a trick I found useful from Car bodywork. I placed a narrow edge of folded scotch tape to act as a guide for the narrow pieces around the screen. How I did that is both easy and hard to describe. I put folded transparent tape with just a bit of adhesive sticking on the either side of the unit for placement of the skin. then guide it down on the Archos.

Also, The problem is that if you ever send it in to Archos for repair, Don't expect it back. And the lifetime warranty does not cover the return loss either.