Haipad M701R - An Android Tablet with an Infrared Remote and HDMI?

harman6666

Oct 21, 2010
i received a new batch and i uploaded a video yesterday on youtube.
pros: browsing is great plus the new "pitch to zoom" option.
android market works great
video playback very smooth and snappy
hdmi out impressive, video playback and sound sync works great on a tv.
g-sensor comes in handy for 3d games
google maps street view works very well.
cons: the only odd thing is the design of the device's micro sd card slot. the sd card only goes in half way.
camera is the same as every other android device out there.
touch screen supports 2 point touch but it's still resistive

it comes with built in speakers or not or what is the quility of sound..??

Last edited by a moderator:

Triskite

Sep 22, 2010
Is what was in the video. I'm going to post another video that is more in-depth and shows a how-to (for installing updated firmware) later (tonight?).

I also recommend Launcher Pro (it's also free)...

Triskite

Sep 22, 2010
Also I tried to buy the new version (without the SD card sticking out) but got the same one-

So now I have 2 of these and Euogo is being EXCEPTIONALLY annoying... they stopped replying to my emails after I tried to return it...

So if anyone wants one of these haipad m701-r's with updated firmware and apps already installed (and working market) I'd be happy to sell you mine... pm me

DWhite

Oct 23, 2010
Has anyone heard if there will new models coming out any time soon with 2.2 on them. I like the overall collection of features on the M701-R but I would like something with 2.2.

I have read how someone has put togethor an upgrade for G10 to get android 2.2 but I am worried about the flash question. The main reason I want 2.2 is for the flash 10.1 capability. I would think I they got 2.2 working on the Haipad G10, since it uses telechips that flash should work. Aren't Telechips very good at video?

Has anyone tried the upgrade to 2.2 on any of the Telechip pads?

froes

Nov 4, 2010
hi,
after i have updated the firmware to the latest one, the remote control stopped working.
did anyone have this problem ?
how can i go back to the other one?
cheers

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Not sure. The remote control firmware isn't on their webpage.

froes

Nov 4, 2010
on their website there is the 9.30 that says that is for the version WITH the remote, to check before flashing and everything.
so i tought it would still work afterwards. do anyone has one of this and can find the APK on the system ?

zittergie

Oct 10, 2010
I have emailed the folks at Haipad.net Android they quickly replied that the firmwares com the website are not for the version with the remote control.
They will annouce a new firmware for this version on the website. It will still be Android 2.1

I will try to make a backup of my stock firmware this week, so I can try to play with some updates.

froes

Nov 4, 2010
hi,
with this backup you are doing, can i flash mine with it so it will work my remote again ?

froes

Nov 4, 2010
do anyone knows if the new firmware on their webpage is for the m701r with the remote control????

zittergie

Oct 10, 2010
Hi Froes,

It should be possible to use the backup to have Remote again. I let you know when I have done it.
I do not know if the firmware they put on their website is the new one they talked about. They do not mention M701R nor do they mention REMOTE.

froes

Nov 4, 2010
hey guys,
take a pick

has anyone ever heard of cyanogen on the M701 ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt262

Nov 8, 2010
hey guys,

has anyone ever heard of cyanogen on the M701 ?

Over at Slatedroid there is a download for this (I'm pretty sure it's CM6)...been ported by venomous and asure. Still quite in beta stages, won't play video and the camera is worse than right now, but at least they're doing something since Haipad isn't! They're cut of it works for a couple of different tablets I think, all Telechips.