Hannspree 13.3" tablet camera app

wdc

Sep 28, 2014
Re the camera on my Hannsprey 13.3” tablet (model SN14T71) with Android version 4.2.2 – the instructions in “Android Tablets for Dummies” seem to be talking about a completely different animal than what I have. <<<Can someone please refer me to a set of camera instructions that are applicable to <<this tablet>>>?

Absent that, would someone explain these options that I see?

1. After tapping “Camera” on “Apps” I see a screen with three icons along the side of the screen:

• A small circle
  • A larger circle, somtimes colored red and other times colored blue
  • An icon of a camera

a. Tapping the smaller circle brings up a screen with a 1” diameter circle with 3 icons around it:

· A tv-like camera icon with an arrow symbol at 11 o’clock. – I think that tapping this icon selects which camera – - the front- or rear- facing one – is “working.” Is that correct?

· An icon of interlacing rods at 6 o’clock. --- Tapping it brings up a screen that sometimes says

o ” Time Lapse Off” and “Store Location OFF”. and other times says

o “Scene mode Auto” and “Store location OFF” and “Picture size 2M pixels”

Whatever are these options referring to?

· An icon labeled of a light bulb. Tapping it brings up 5 other icons that <seem> to be related to the light settings. -- Whatever do these setting mean?

b.. Tapping the larger red circle causes a beep. Is this also taking a picture that I can view in Gallery?? Tapping the large circle when it is Blue causes a snapping/clicking sound. Why do these taps/sounds mean??

c.Tapping the icon of the camera brings up three other icons, one above the other: a still camera at the bottom, a TV-like camera in the middle, and a saddle-like icon at the top. --

Whatever do these icons mean? and what happens by tapping each?

Other times I see a 6 inch circle. What does this mean and when initiates it?

Needless to say, I would WELCOME your help here. ...wdc

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
What features that are displayed on a camera app depends on what hardware is available on the camera itself. I have the "Camera ICS" app on both of my tablets, as well as my phone, and the options, that are shown, are different on each one. that being said, a bit of trial and error can't hurt. Give each option a shot and see what develops.
1. After tapping “Camera” on “Apps” I see a screen with three icons along the side of the screen:
  • A small circle
  • An icon of a camera
a. Tapping the smaller circle brings up a screen with a 1” diameter circle with 3 icons around it:
Sounds like your "Settings" button.
· A tv-like camera icon with an arrow symbol at 11 o’clock. – I think that tapping this icon selects which camera – - the front- or rear- facing one – is “working.” Is that correct?
What does the screen show when you tap this one? If you see yourself ore something in front of the camera, then it's the front/rear selector.
· An icon of interlacing rods at 6 o’clock. --- Tapping it brings up a screen that sometimes says

Settings for the video mode.
Scene mode lets the app select the proper shooting mode.
Store Location, when on, stores a geo-tag location into the photo information.
Picture size 2M pixels indicates the resolution of the pics that are taken.

· An icon labeled of a light bulb. Tapping it brings up 5 other icons that <seem> to be related to the light settings. -- Whatever do these setting mean?
Sounds like the white balance settings. My guess these will mean - incandescent lighting, flourescent lighting, automatic, daylight, cloudy.
b.. Tapping the larger red circle causes a beep. Is this also taking a picture that I can view in Gallery?? Tapping the large circle when it is Blue causes a snapping/clicking sound. Why do these taps/sounds mean??
Sounds like the "Beep" is the camera focusing on the subject and the "snapping/clicking" sound is your shutter sound.
c.Tapping the icon of the camera brings up three other icons, one above the other: a still camera at the bottom, a TV-like camera in the middle, and a saddle-like icon at the top. --
Saddle-like icon is for panoramic photos.
TV-like camera is for video.
Still Camera is for regular pics.

Cant hurt anything to try them out. You can always view/delete the pics through the gallery app.
Does this show up when the camera is in the panorama mode? If so, it's an aid to taking straight panorama pics.

wdc

Sep 28, 2014
What features that are displayed on a camera app depends on what hardware is available on the camera itself. I have the "Camera ICS" app on both of my tablets, as well as my phone, and the options, that are shown, are different on each one. that being said, a bit of trial and error can't hurt. Give each option a shot and see what develops.
  • A small circle
  • An icon of a camera
Sounds like your "Settings" button.
What does the screen show when you tap this one? If you see yourself ore something in front of the camera, then it's the front/rear selector.

Settings for the video mode.
Scene mode lets the app select the proper shooting mode.
Store Location, when on, stores a geo-tag location into the photo information.
Picture size 2M pixels indicates the resolution of the pics that are taken.

Sounds like the white balance settings. My guess these will mean - incandescent lighting, flourescent lighting, automatic, daylight, cloudy.
Sounds like the "Beep" is the camera focusing on the subject and the "snapping/clicking" sound is your shutter sound.
Saddle-like icon is for panoramic photos.
TV-like camera is for video.
Still Camera is for regular pics.

Cant hurt anything to try them out. You can always view/delete the pics through the gallery app.
Does this show up when the camera is in the panorama mode? If so, it's an aid to taking straight panorama pics.

PitCarver: Many thanks for all the tips.

Can you tell me how I can determine <what camera app (its name)> I have? I might be able touse that information to identify the app maker and, thus, ask about an instruction manual. Until then I will just poke-and-try and see if I can figure it all out, as you suggest. But a manual -- if I could locate it -- would make the learning so much faster.

Last edited by a moderator:

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
If its the stock app, it'll probably just say Camera, version *.*.**. You can find it under settings/apps/all.
You can always download a camera app, from the play store, and then contact the developer. The camera ics app that I use came from there. The reason that I chose it was for the ability to save to external storage. There are 2 versions, a free and a paid ($0.99/no adds) version.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moblynx.cameraics&hl=en
Another app, that I like is Google Camera. Simple controls...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.GoogleCamera

Last edited: