Hdmi

Dutch Paul

Jan 10, 2011
The minute I connect a HDMI cable to my tablet it says "Connected"
According to the instruction I have to push "menu" to see the information on the big screen, but nothing happens.

joshua.lyon

Jun 11, 2010
What kind of device are you using?

On some of the dock-based HDMI outputs, you have to make sure you have power connected and the dock turned-on before the HDMI will work correctly. Also, some custom ROMs inadvertently remove HDMI out support.

Dutch Paul

Jan 10, 2011
Joshua, Thanks for your reaction.

The device I use is a tablet Gome Flytouch II with an Infotmic based IMAPX220 (Zenitink Z180) on Android 2.1
Regards, Paul

EDDIE_MUTANTE

Jan 31, 2011
The minute I connect a HDMI cable to my tablet it says "Connected"
According to the instruction I have to push "menu" to see the information on the big screen, but nothing happens.

Hi Paul! In my Flytouch II the HDMI only works when is palyng videos, then you can push "menu" to send signal (audio/video) to HDMI and push it again to get it back.
Regards Eddie.

Dutch Paul

Jan 10, 2011
Eddie,

Thanks for your reaction.
Indeed if I first start a video and than puch menu it works.

Recards, Paul

slix

Feb 5, 2011
is there a way to use the HDMI for full function not just for the movies? tablet - Fly Touch II

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Not currently in the wish list in custom rom development

Dutch Paul

Jan 10, 2011
Hoy everybody,

I found out dat a TS film started directly from de file wil be displayed via HDMI.
Also a Yu Tube or internet movie.
Started with a movie app. it does not work.
Also a dia presentation of foto's does not work via HDMI out.

Regards, Paul

jplatt11

Feb 1, 2011
Hi,

Does audio go over HDMI with the movies or does it stay with the built in device audio. I dont have mini HDMI cable to try it yet.

jplatt11

Feb 1, 2011
Just recieved my mini HDMI to HDMI cable last night. And got it working with the FT2. All in all I'm really impressed. 720p movie played smoothlly and in full screen. The audio and video switch over to the TV when you hit the menu button after starting a video, with the default video player. If you hit the menu button again it switches back, very handy.

Now You tube video sucked in that it didnt go full screen on most video, because they are smaller resolution to begin with. But it is you tube after all, I wasn't too worried about that.

But Is there a way to change the zoom or resolution to go to full screen in Youtube videos?

samstables

Mar 18, 2011
I've only tried with a film I'd put on my SD card. It exports the film to the TV and back when I press 'menu' but everything that is black normally is bright green making it completely unwatchable. The TV is a few years old but obviously we use it every day with Sky and a PS3 and the pic is fine, any ideas what's wrong?

ftanl

Dec 8, 2010
anone else having issues with a hissing or distorted sound with movie playback through HDMI??
Picture quality is better then expected, but the sounds becomes distorted after 5 seconds or so & renders the playback useless.

Also, when you want to exit TV mode you hit menu again..that's fine, but what do you have to hit to stop the movie from playing?? I've tried hitting every button on the device & nothing stops the video. Eventually I had to haul out the USB stick, which isn't the ideal way of stopping the movie..lol

any ideas? could the hissing just be a bad codec? plays fine on the tablet, just not hdtv..
Thanks ftanl