Hello all!

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
My 11 yo son really wanted an iPad, or netbook, or something for Christmas.

I bought the Archos 7 (not 70) for $180, figuring it would fit the bill. I was wrong! Too many limitations in 1.5! I had purchased the extended accident warranty from Best Buy (since it was a gift for a kid), so it was a no questions asked return.

I then traded it in for the Huawei S7. It was more than I wanted to spend on a Christmas gift ... but at least it will last for a year or two (I don't think the Archos would have held his interest past 1 month).

So far, the Huawei is everything I expected in an Android tablet. Responsive screen, good appsquick internet ... if it doesn't hold his interest ... I'll use it!

Pam Walton
Columbus, Ohio

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Hey there pwalt:

Welcome to the forum. That's a big disappointment about the Archos 7, but glad for you that you bought the Huwawei S7. Quite a difference there! Thanks for the quick review about the responsive screen. That is definitely a big factor for people who want to purchase tablets. Capacitive, or resistive is quite a big difference.

Seeing your from Columbus, makes me miss my time in Cleveland when I was younger :\

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
Thanks for the warm welcomes!

I can't wait for Christmas when I can openly play with my ... umm ... my son's new toy!