Help a newbie to get rooted?

Cocobean

May 5, 2011
Hi guys, wandering if anyone can help me get rooted.?
S7 (104) - telstra t touch tab dual camera.
Indonesian 2. 2
App2sd

failed: superoneclick, run as administrator from windows netbook. ( Said succesfull installed superuser, but root apps dont work)

failed: gingerbreak1.2 - installed to phone not to sd, just runs ok but hangs without reboot.

Usb debugging on, fresh formatted sd card in both attempts, also tried, usb debugging off until asked for, then on, to try and force but no luck.

Any ideas at this stage would be welcome.

Ps.. Love my s7 - web browsing, email, facebook, forums, movies, music, my kids play for hours learning colours numbers and abc's, only use my galaxy s for wifi tether these days.! And it cost four times as much!!! (i got for free from telstra) i can understand the enthusiasm and pride people have for thier toy. As a newbie, i have appreciated all the hand holding and guidance. Thanks to all.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
I used SOC. If you are Telstra, maybe you should try the Norwegian ROM since it will unlock the phone from Telstra. Regardless, reflashing the ROM would probably help with your problems. I have used SOC on at least three devices so far without any problems.

Cocobean

May 5, 2011
Thanks.

Have flashed indonesian rom allready.

Re flash? -

problem with that is not rooted so cant use titanium backup. Lol

i think i may wait a while and see if anything new comes up.

Not really urgent, just want root for sd cache tweak, dalvik cache etc.

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011
Did you install (or reinstall) the Huawei USB drivers? I opened up the device manager and made sure that the Huawei devices were working and if they didn't, I installed the drivers again.

After that (with usb debugging on and the SD card unmounted) SOC worked in about 15 seconds.

Cocobean

May 5, 2011
Usb driver reinstall, thanks will try.

Cocobean

May 5, 2011
All sorted, used gingerbreak instead of psneuter. Thanks,