Help a noob - Tablet comparison

becomearobot

Aug 16, 2010
Hi guys.

I am becoming more and more interested in an Android Tablet. I've been looking around the web and I find it a bit confusing.

What I have in mind is a tool I could use to do quick internet searches, watch videos (youtube/on the device/UPnP), show pictures (again UPnP) plus the overall notepad/scheduler/address book.

So I am looking at these four devices:
Moonse APAD E7002
Witstech A81E
Gpad G10
Gpad G11

I really like the looks of the Gpad G11, but the Witstech A81E seems more full featured. Does the A81E have a camera or a G-Sensor?
I can't see the difference between the G10 and the E7002.
Also, what's the point of having 1080p/720p HD video support when the screen is 800 pixels wide?
And overall, are these good/reliable?

Thanks

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
the A81E is my choice because ita running android 2.2 which is the latest android os but the down side is sense its so new there might be some bugs that need to be worked out and video play back is important because like the eken m001 can barely play any video and the videos it can play have to be super low quality

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
To answer your questions:
Moonse APAD E7002 = GpadG10
A81 has no camera or g-sensor
Video support for 720p/1080p is to save the hassle of having to decode
I don't own any of these. How good these are to an individual is relative, as all of these generic products have unpolished firmwares on them. Can they be satisfying to use? I think so. Do your research and figure out what you need or want, and see what meets your requirements. And from the tasks you have listed and the devices you have in mind, all three fit your bill.

You will find discussion for these devices here: Specific Tablets

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
If you want to try out the AuGen Gentouch 78 they can be found at some Kmarts stores. For now it's been pretty stable after the first patch. 3 more days to the second patch.

SET777

Aug 17, 2010
Battery life is important!!

$Bateria-W7-300x214.jpg

$ipad_battery.jpg

lustfuljayb

Aug 23, 2010
It would be in your best interest to stay away from the augen.You only should by this item if you want to spend all your time tweaking it. This is a very unstable item, there are better device outthere. Buy this device with caution.

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
The Wits A81E seems good but why I am holding down from buying it is the lack of a G-Sensor and multi-touch. If the E7002 had Android 2.2 and Flash than it would be a really good tablet. As far as I am concerned, I am still waiting for some "hybrid" between the Wits A81E and the E7002. If they managed to add Android 2.2, Flash and posibly a GPS unit to the E7002 than I am sold:)

cablesurfr

Sep 18, 2010
Hi guys.

I am becoming more and more interested in an Android Tablet. I've been looking around the web and I find it a bit confusing.

What I have in mind is a tool I could use to do quick internet searches, watch videos (youtube/on the device/UPnP), show pictures (again UPnP) plus the overall notepad/scheduler/address book.

So I am looking at these four devices:
Moonse APAD E7002
Witstech A81E
Gpad G10
Gpad G11

I really like the looks of the Gpad G11, but the Witstech A81E seems more full featured. Does the A81E have a camera or a G-Sensor?
I can't see the difference between the G10 and the E7002.
Also, what's the point of having 1080p/720p HD video support when the screen is 800 pixels wide?
And overall, are these good/reliable?

I am looking to compare models like Toshiba Folio, Viliv X10, Notion Ink ADAM and like models, please wade in one and all.
Thanks
Dana