HELP... Coby Kyros dosn't turn on

viseversa101

Oct 15, 2011
ok so this was never rooted, basically stock so i would imagine the problem i am having with this suggestion is me not having a rom emulator? is that the case? if so ne suggestions on which to use and it goes on the external sd correct?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
ok so this was never rooted, basically stock so i would imagine the problem i am having with this suggestion is me not having a rom emulator? is that the case? if so ne suggestions on which to use and it goes on the external sd correct?

Hmmm, no. You can try installing another firmware, if it doesn't help, then probably you have a defective unit.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Don't think u need a rom emulator. Just download the new rom (the one linked earlier word awesomely). Extract the files and then drop the contents (should be several folders and files) onto a freshly formatted microsd card. Format it fat 32. Then put that in the unit. Turn off and hold home button then push power and hold till screen lights. Let go and it will work. Will update the statuses on the screen.

Pecked out on my rooted Kyros MID1024

viseversa101

Oct 15, 2011
i am gonna vote this is defective, it partitions and instead of writing to it it reads mmc init card successfully, mode end, mode 2 end, n shutdown....thats it n even if i just boot the thing it gives me the error that coby firmware is supposed to be debugging in the update, which i never experienced befor the update...grrr

jdagraf

Jun 11, 2013
Hi, yesterday I was reading about my old Kyros 1024, I found the Volcano Mod and I installed It, it worked fine, but I turned off the kyros and when I tried to use it again it doesn't get pass the kyros logo. Is fully charge, what could it be? Everything worked fine at first.