Help me choose?!

Rack1600

Mar 2, 2011
I have an option from work to buy a tablet tax-free, however it has to be in the next week, and I have a limited choice. Unfortunately the Samsung Tab 10.1 is not on the list, otherwise I wouldn't even be contemplating.

1) LG Optimus Pad
Pros:
Dual Core
Honeycomb

Cons:
Expensive!

2) HTC Flyer
Pros:
Stylus
HTC Sense

Cons:
Android 2.2
Small
Single Core

3) Samsung Galaxy Tab (1)
Pros:
?
Cons:
Android 2.2
Single core

4) iPad2 32GB Wifi&3G -
Pros:
UI
Dual Core
Size

Cons:
iTunes
Apple-locked-in-ness
lack of expansion

The LG is just so expensive! I can't believe it - there is a 40% premium over the iPad2. It is a tough pill to swallow, but I think I will have to. :( Or is it worth getting an iPad and hacking it?
My main concern on Flyer is that the new apps which will come out this year wont work on it. :(

droidweb

May 25, 2011
No Asus Transformer love? Otherwise I'd look at the LG optimus. Check the different online reviews before you make the leap though. All tablets have that one 'con' point; its up to you to see what you can live with

Rack1600

Mar 2, 2011
No Asus Transformer love? Otherwise I'd look at the LG optimus. Check the different online reviews before you make the leap though. All tablets have that one 'con' point; its up to you to see what you can live with

One of the guys at work has the transformer, it is nice! Pity the screen is reflective though. Also it is not available, but I could just go buy one - they are comparitively cheap!