Help needed : generic ePad insta-brick!!!

semfreak

Jul 25, 2010
Have any of you seen the Flat Pad from flatcomputing.com ?
They have the 10.2" Android 2.1 tablet for $285.00. I just got mine in the mail.
I love it so far. BUt I want to custom rom it. Anyone here have any ideas of who could help with the rom build?

semfreak

Jul 25, 2010
Have any of you seen the Flat Pad from flatcomputing.com ?
They have the 10.2" Android 2.1 tablet for $285.00. I just got mine in the mail.
I love it so far. BUt I want to custom rom it. Anyone here have any ideas of who could help with the rom build?

Kernal Version 2.6.32.9
root@zenithink #1467
Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
Build number: p7901a-eng2.1update1 ERE27 eng.root.20100708.111326test-keys

256 RAM
2gig internal storage

Is this decent?

dougducko

Jul 25, 2010
hello i am new to flashing androids but i have the same exact unit as grid walker, and want to flash new custom rom because 1.74 does not let me download from market or use youtube is there some where to get everything i need to flash, after hours of reading i am just more confused.how do i flash this thing the rom i have is 1.3 flytouch
do i need to load sdk and jdk , and where do i find this program to do a phandroid back up of my original rom

jostanti

Jul 15, 2010
This black screen thing has happened to me as well. I have accidentally hit the hibernate button and all of a twitch the screen went black, as Gridwalker explained carefully above. Now I have sent an email to the seller to see what he might comment on this. From what I am reading here, I can say that I have no cance to have some sort of reply, though in that case I shall report everything to Ebay Client Protection to fix them up. Now I shall try to drain off the battery so that I shall get the desktop screen back as explained in the forum. If you have any further suggetions please let me know.

monto

Jul 28, 2010
Wow, the exact same thing happened to my pad this morning, after I changed my Google account it just reset.

I'll keep watching this thread, please let me know if you find any solutions.

I've got exactly the same issue. Changing google account hoping to get Android Market to work, and it reboot itself while attempting to connect to the Market. Now the device wouldn't work properly. I've tried draining the battery completely until pressing power button doesn't do anything at all, but after recharging it it still behaves the same. The problem I am getting is I can see the initial lock screen but can't get past it and the screen goes to blank after showing the initial lock screen. Mine is a flytouch Epad which has the same spec as the original poster, but mine has a silver plastic back instead, also 1.7.4 with 256MB RAM 2GB flash.

Last edited:

mcdonaa

Jul 23, 2010
I ordered two of these devices from Euogo.com, and whilst one is working fine (for now!) the other now fails to turn on. I`m not sure if one of my other family members 'hibernated' it by mistake...now when you try to turn it on, the green power LED comes on and thats it. Another press, and the light goes out. Nothing from the screen. Long press of the power button does nothing either. I don't really want the hassle of sending it back to china, but what choice have I got?
I have left it 'on' for 10+ hours now...the green light is still on. Is there any way to disconnect the battery on these, or perform some 'hard' reset?

mindwave

Jul 6, 2010
There is a video on youtube of a guy who modded the heck out of his, to the point of ADDING another battery, awesome mods BTW, but if you watch his video its very easy to see that the battery is NOT meant to be a customer serviceable device. You must take the case off (which in some other posts has resulted in screen cracks. HOWEVER, if you did want to go that far you could always install your own reset switch. WOW, the more I type the more I wish I had one to mod!.

bmszabo

Aug 12, 2010
MAYBE a bit out of object, but a bit similar problem; I have an Android Tab as I can judge identical to the photo's in this thread, and have from day 1 a strange problem:

although the device enters hibernate without any problems, after a while (10 min -2 hours) it wakes up without any reason; meaning the green LED goes on, and the screen stays dark. If I push the power button, device turns on as normal (from standby mode); but as standby mode sucks the battery, I'm quite unhappy with this situation.

I have tried to uninstall all my 3rd party software, to enter airplane mode before hibernation, use a taskkiller (actually differents).. no results, hibernation mode still keeps spontaneously waking up.. :(

Anybody with similar problem; or, hopefully with a solution, please??

rodolforomano

Nov 9, 2010
I have the same problem.

"when you try to turn it on, the green power LED comes on and thats it. Another press, and the light goes out. Nothing from the screen. Long press of the power button does nothing either. "

I don´t now what I do... if I put sd card with room, nothing is made... screen black and green light on only..

pimp35

Jan 22, 2011
I've been searching forums like this for what seems like weeks and there's always someone who mentions fixing their problem without any details about how. Post a link to the roms you claim to have found. I don't want to start a big whoop or anything but the point of these are to help right? I hope I'll be able to figure out exactly what kind of device i have. I've been close but mine doesn't have the LED light I keep reading about. It says 2.0 on start up when it's actually 1.6. Just about everything says generic except for the WMT2.0 thing. Give out some info when you say you found a solution....it just might be helpful to someone else who is in my shoes.

slowef

Feb 15, 2011
My epad will not update from sd card just displays android logo - any ideas ? have tried fully discharging battery

did you format the sd card, simple but easy to forget, mine now works because I did. Copy files from the sd card to pc first so you can paste them back after formatting. sorry if I am being basic here but not everyone is a pc wizz.

There is a tiny hole to put a pin in to reset your pad if needed, mine freezes a lot so it gets a lot of use :-(

Naayvshne

Feb 12, 2011
I just bought an android google i ped off ebay a month ago from hong kong and just got it a week ago. Dont know what happend but it wont go past the little green guy.. it is frozen.. I have no idea what to do.. Maybe do you think draining the battery will help?

SLAMMED

Feb 21, 2011
I have exactly teh same e-pad and would like to flash the unit. I loaded a bunch of prgrams and one of them hung the android. after restarting it takes a long time to load. Eventually it does but comes up with a slide to unlock screen which then goes no further even once i punch in my right code. The program is called unlocker 2 but seems to not work propally. Please help on how to flash

erinico

Oct 12, 2011
Hello,
I have bought this 10" android on last Christmas and it was working ok untill last month. Now it switch on but it frozes on android logo. Can you send me the link to my email so I can try to fixe it please. My email is [email protected].
Thanks.