Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With wireless access

jczelusniak

Dec 27, 2010
HAD TO RESET MY FLYTOUCH2 BECAUSE EVERYTHING FROZE UP. I BELIEVE I LOST SOME UTILITY FOR ACCESSING WIRELESS NETWORKS. iT WORKED BEFORE THE FREEZEUP AND RESET.

WHEN I TOUCH SEARCH FOR NETWORKS IT READS "UNABLE TO SEARCH FOR WIRELESS NETWORKS"

I TRIED DOING IT MANUALLY BUT THAT DOESN'T WORK EITHER. ITS LIKE IT DOESN'T HAVE A WIRELESS CARD ANY LONGER, OR WHATEVER.:(

cruxader

Oct 15, 2010
I have similar problem.
Did you TURN ON your wifi?

My problem is I get "Unable to turn on wifi" - a slightly different issue.
Still no solution.

Think I have to open my FT2 & take a look.
Nervous because, mine is screwless!

cruxader

Oct 15, 2010
Just before I did open my tablet, I came across another post about ad hoc wireless.
On a hunch, I replaced conf file in data/misc/wifi that I had deleted because I was informed that it would regenerate itself.
THAT gave me back my wifi!

So, I am back to square 1 where my wifi works but still no ad hoc wifi....

Score one for my procrastination and reluctance to actually open it up. :)

guy.joseph

Dec 21, 2010
Taken from a previous post:

Ok I have the same problem. Wifi used to work fine. It started after I had my tablet hang at the Green WowPad screen. I was able to do a factory restore by pressing Power + Home + Back.

Now I cannot see any wireless networks when scanning:
View attachment 709

Nor can I add my network Manually:
View attachment 708

Just before I did open my tablet, I came across another post about ad hoc wireless.
On a hunch, I replaced conf file in data/misc/wifi that I had deleted because I was informed that it would regenerate itself.
THAT gave me back my wifi!

So, I am back to square 1 where my wifi works but still no ad hoc wifi....

Score one for my procrastination and reluctance to actually open it up. :)

Crux - was this the same problem you had? Is deleting the conf file a good idea to fix this? If so how do I go about it? Don't you have to be root to access /data/?

Cheers

cruxader

Oct 15, 2010
Taken from a previous post:

Ok I have the same problem. Wifi used to work fine. It started after I had my tablet hang at the Green WowPad screen. I was able to do a factory restore by pressing Power + Home + Back.

Now I cannot see any wireless networks when scanning:
View attachment 709

Nor can I add my network Manually:
View attachment 708

Crux - was this the same problem you had? Is deleting the conf file a good idea to fix this? If so how do I go about it? Don't you have to be root to access /data/?

Cheers

Sorry about the slow response. This forum not very active.

I think problem is different though related.
I could NOT TURN ON my wifi due to missing conf file.
Your problem is scanning failure.
However, I recommend you look into the conf file as some settings inside could be the cause of your scanning failure.
It is largely self explanatory...

shopblue

Jan 17, 2011
i need help with this as well
i read every thing about upgrading firmware and i cant for the life of me understand how to do it and my registration code rubbed off the sticker on the back

i am able to connect by using the rj45 port but i am not able to update system cuz i need the reg code ......

can i get a new 20 digit registration code somewhere ?????

i tried to get it from the seller with no luck they dont keep records of it
or
can i update the os easily

i love this item and it is pretty kool when it worked for the 1rst week

btw any chance of finding a replacement or extra ac adptor

please any info would reaally help

thanks

mdiazv64

Jan 17, 2011
Sorry about the slow response. This forum not very active.

I think problem is different though related.
I could NOT TURN ON my wifi due to missing conf file.
Your problem is scanning failure.
However, I recommend you look into the conf file as some settings inside could be the cause of your scanning failure.
It is largely self explanatory...

Hi cruxader

I have the same problem as guy.joseph. Please, could you explain in details how to solve it?
When I access the /data folder seems to be empty. Don't you have to be root to access /data?
Thanks in advance.

guy.joseph

Dec 21, 2010
Hi cruxader

I have the same problem as guy.joseph. Please, could you explain in details how to solve it?
When I access the /data folder seems to be empty. Don't you have to be root to access /data?
Thanks in advance.

I followed the instructions in post 17 on http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/gome-flytouch-ii/5152-recovering-brick-2.html#post34576

By following these instructions I was able to get my wifi back.

HOWEVER:
It seems to have turned my 4gb SD card into a 1GB one - I've not worked out how to revert this.
It has updated to a dory build that doesn't seem quite as quick as 1170 when I had it (hence my post asking if anybody has a copy!

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
Try to get a replacement wpa_supplicant file, and load it to /system/bin/ (you will need root explorer to paste the file to there)

Hope this works,
Richardo