Hi There

Hoopster

Jun 16, 2012
I'm looking for my first tablet.
I've been a computer enthusiast for about 32 years and I enjoy using Windows 7.
It's very compatible with everything is why I use it and I've had enough of the pain of being different just because I think mainstream is too ...... ? whatever.
I have an Android phone and I absolutely love it.
I have some issues with Android 2.2 but I have some with Microsoft 7 as well, so it just matters whether I can get the software I want and how well the OS works.
Android 2.2 isn't the OS of my choice but Telstra won't put out an update (bastards).
So, what I'm doing here is to hopefully find out which version Android is really the best one for a tablet.
OS 3.2 seems to be getting called the last stable release, but OS 4.0 is being put on many tablets as well.
The problem I have is, I don't understand why isn't OS 4.0 used by everyone and if it isn't stable, how unstable is it, and when will it be stable.
At the moment I'm still waiting for some latest release tablets to include all of the connectivity with the power available for a full days use.
Detachable battery so a replacement can be loaded is a big seller for me.
Tegra 3 looks like a winner but I'm uncertain if it's necessary however I do use multimedia at times.
Maximum memory with full size, multi-card slot would be super with of course wi-fi, 3g and able to use 4g would be absolute imperatives.
I'll look forward to some advice and discussion.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Hoopster, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android tablets. The best place on the forum for "shopping" information and recommendations is the Android Tablet Discussions section. I'm going to move your thread over there for you so folks can discuss your tablet requirements with you and hopefully make some suggestions. Good luck!